2407 release date

EnJoY120 said:
If it remains 24" like everyone assumes, it will be S-PVA. It they decide to use the latest LG S-IPS panels, like the ones used in the popular NEC 20", it will be a 23" panel as LG doesn't make a 24" yet.

As long as the 1920x1200 resolution is there on the 23" together with the NEC 20" S-IPS specification then I'll consider it, I find the 1650x1050 resolution to narrow.

We should just sit here and complain about how the 2407 hasn't been released. That's what i feel like doing. :(

I know the Dell's almost here but my guess is it will perform the same or worse as the HP...

Tempted to buy now...

edit: spelling

my lack of patience is driving me crazy! I want this freakin monitor already. I have the money...and the fact that those 05's are getting cheaper and cheaper is driving me CRAAAZY!!!

ARRRRGH

thenixhex311 said:
my lack of patience is driving me crazy! I want this freakin monitor already. I have the money...and the fact that those 05's are getting cheaper and cheaper is driving me CRAAAZY!!!

ARRRRGH
I got tired of waiting so I said screw it and bought a 2405. I can always sell the 2405 when the new one comes out.

One thing you wont have a problem with is selling off an old new 2405 to someone...just a matter of how much would you lose...

Im ready for my new PC and have the itch to spend some money but I am waiting for this mysterious 2407 to surface. I'm thinking I may not wait much longer though and get the 2405.
Something tells me the 2405 will still be superiour quality to this "upgrade". Then again, I should be wrong.

Krycek1 said:
We should just sit here and complain about how the 2407 hasn't been released. That's what i feel like doing. :(

*bitch, bitch, moan, moan* :D :D

I can't wait for the 2407 either, seems like it's been any day for two months. Anyways, I haven't heard much talk about the 2707 model. If this model has a 1920x1200 resolution and makes it down to $800 or so this year, that would be a great hdtv/computer monitor. But it would have to have all of the connections of the 2405, or else, not that exciting. BTW I'm on a 2005 right now and love it, but hdcp, a true 1080p resolution, and 27" of screen, that's exciting.

;)

RyBoy said:
I can't wait for the 2407 either, seems like it's been any day for two months. Anyways, I haven't heard much talk about the 2707 model. If this model has a 1920x1200 resolution and makes it down to $800 or so this year, that would be a great hdtv/computer monitor. But it would have to have all of the connections of the 2405, or else, not that exciting. BTW I'm on a 2005 right now and love it, but hdcp, a true 1080p resolution, and 27" of screen, that's exciting.

;)
I can't wait to hear more info on the 2707. According to widescreengamingforums.com it won't be talked about for another few months. I might pull the trigger on a 2407 instead...

Dell has now announced the 2407WFP & 2007FP&FPW in Japan.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20060320/dell.htm

From babelfish translation
Liquid crystal display of 24 inch wide. As for panel resolution 1,920×1,200 dot. As for brightness with500cd/m2, as for angle of visibility up and down left and right 178 degrees. As for contrast ratio 1,000:1. As for speed of response from grey grey 6ms, from black white 16ms.

DVI-D and the analog RGB which correspond to HDCP as an input terminal (the mini- D-sub 15 pin), the composite, S image, equipping the component. Furthermore, the compact flash/it builds in also the multiple card reader which corresponds to the memory stick /SD memory card. The USB 2.0 port 4 oral having, as a hub it can utilize.

Narrow amount ベゼル, thickness 20mm is a special feature. As for height in the range of approximately 100mm adjustment possibility. As for スイーベル left and right 45 degrees, tilt does adjustment of rear 21 degree and front 3 times, in 90 degrees length and breadth the pivot function which turns available.

As for external size 559.7×195×387.9 - 487mm (width × depth × height) with, as for weight with only monitor approximately 8.3kg. As for electric power consumption 57W (maximum 110W). Also the DVI cable and the USB cable etc. belong.

2407WFP
dell01.jpg

2007WFP
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20060320/dell02.jpg

2007FP
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20060320/dell03.jpg

It probably doesn't mean anything for us westerners, but the yen to US dollars conversion puts the 2407 at $1,354.61. The site also lists the release date as 3/20, so maybe as the earth rotates the press release will hit our shores.

Ed said:
It probably doesn't mean anything for us westerners, but the yen to US dollars conversion puts the 2407 at $1,354.61. The site also lists the release date as 3/20, so maybe as the earth rotates the press release will hit our shores.

What does that make the 2007 widescreen in US dollars?

Purely speculation because I don't feel like working right now....

Last year when the 2405FPW was announced in the US (on Valentines day), it first showed up on Dell's Higher Education web site. Right now, at 9:45AM EST, the Dell Higher Education Monitors site is down for maintenance. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Let the rampant speculation begin.

Edit: Eh, its back up. I should really get to work. :)

I'm interested in getting the new Dell too, here is the translated Japanese article. Just click on picture and it will take you to the story.
Dell 2007

So have my prayers been answered or what? How do I buy this thing? Am I the only one that does not understand Japaneese?

I think after reading all this stuff they are trying to warn us...

Godzilla is coming!

Is there anything more than speculation on which panel this is? Am still suspecting it will be the newer Samsung PVA.

the spec makes it obvious that its a S-PVA panel i.e. 6ms, 1000:1, 500mcd etc...

this means it will have the lag issue from the 244T which samsung has confirmed exists in that monitor.

Just curious..

What makes (or will make) the 2407 better than the 2405? Other than HDCP, which you only need for playing copy protected videos, what else is there? Anyone care to shed some light?

I just got the 2405 for $800, which sounds like a steal compared to the $1300+ estimate for the 2407. And I have to say the 2405 is a sweet monitor! I'm glad I waited.

ZeroH said:
Just curious..

What makes (or will make) the 2407 better than the 2405? Other than HDCP, which you only need for playing copy protected videos, what else is there? Anyone care to shed some light?

I just got the 2405 for $800, which sounds like a steal compared to the $1300+ estimate for the 2407. And I have to say the 2405 is a sweet monitor! I'm glad I waited.
Same here. I just ordered the 2405 and the things I've seen different on the 2407 is it's lighter, from 12ms to 6ms, and HDCP.

Based on what I am reading here about the 2407, is it better to wait for it, or just buy the 2405 for gaming?

I currently have radeon 9800 pro video card.

kleox64 said:
the spec makes it obvious that its a S-PVA panel i.e. 6ms, 1000:1, 500mcd etc...

this means it will have the lag issue from the 244T which samsung has confirmed exists in that monitor.

Where have you seen that samsung has confirmed this? I am very interested in this information.

I'm also real interested in the 2407, and this may be a bit off topic, but as I've posted before, it "inspired" me to come late to the party, and start my own blog...lol...

I don't have a fraction of the knowledge that most of you guys have, but if you feel like checking out my page, please do...I'll eventually be covering other stuff too...

http://techanovitas.blogspot.com/

thanks

kleox64 said:

is the lag in the 244T caused from the panel or the electronics of the inputs?
people using the 2405 say that the most lag is seen when using the component, and on DVI it isn't even noticable.
so maybe the 2407 will use different input electronics and will suffer from less lag.
and by the way, the acer al2416WD is supposed to use the same panel as the 244T, and I've yet to read or hear that it suffers from the same lag as the 244T

What the hell is Dell doing, just put the damn thing up for sale already! :eek:

I've been refreshing the page every hour or so. I want a 2007fpw. Is it also supposed to be 6ms gtg? My other concern is how 1080 content like blu ray will be handled on a 2007 vs a 2407.

[LYL]Homer said:
2007WFP

If that's the case and the 2005FPW goes for about half that in the US, then half of $1,354.61 is $677.31 for the 2407WFP.

I really hope you saw the error in that logic... :eek:

[LYL]Homer said:
2007WFP

If that's the case and the 2005FPW goes for about half that in the US, then half of $1,354.61 is $677.31 for the 2407WFP.

LOL. His hope springs eternal.

I think you forgot to carry a "1" or something ...

man, getting one for around $700 USD would be amazing, but I'm guessing it will go for somewhere in the ballpark of $1100 USD before discounts...

the $1400 Japanese translated "guesstimation" seems a bit high for Dell's pricing history, right?

Back