2405FWP Wait Times

asevie

n00b
Joined
Mar 23, 2005
Messages
26
Just ordered mine Saturday. There weren't any specials so I called and asked what they could do. I got a $185 discount, with overnight shipping the total came to $1061. Unfortunately, my joy quickly turned to sorrow when I saw the ship date...April 24! A full month!

What have you all been experiencing with wait times?
 
asevie said:
Just ordered mine Saturday. There weren't any specials so I called and asked what they could do. I got a $185 discount, with overnight shipping the total came to $1061. Unfortunately, my joy quickly turned to sorrow when I saw the ship date...April 24! A full month!

What have you all been experiencing with wait times?

I don't know if this is still revelant but I ordered mine on 3/05 with a ETA of 3/25...mine was delivered on 3/15...most people I know recieved the LCD in 2-10 days. The west coast seems to take longer. :(
 
Even though Dell initially gave me a shipping date 20 days from when I called it in....I received it within 2 days. In fact it shipped the following day from when I called it in.
 
Took a week for my first one to ship and 8 days for the replacement. The Dell product page for the 2405FPW now states that it usually ships in "3+ weeks" so it would appear that the unit is backordered. You never know with Dell. Good luck.
 
Did you order this from Dell directly via the phone, or did you go through a third party vendor? (i.e., wipro).
 
I ordered via WiPro, my projected date was around 2 weeks out. I received it in less than 24 hours (ordered 3pm thursday, received 10am friday). Moral of the story, dell projected ship dates are nothing to worry about.
 
I read it was backordered in another thread (or another forum). How can someone find out if they really are backordered?
 
I placed an order for mine directly with Dell Rep over the phone on 03-24 and it still shows "IN PRODUCTION". Projected shipping date is 04-08. I hope it will arrive better sooner then later but later is better then never.
 
I remember being out of my mind when I heard someone in Hawaii received the 2405 before me here on the mainland...we ordered the same day! :( Anywho when you do get it I'm sure the monitor will be worth your wait!
 
Darkeforce said:
Did you order this from Dell directly via the phone, or did you go through a third party vendor? (i.e., wipro).

I ordered directly from Dell, couldn't find any $800 specials! They screwed the order up though, address was wrong after spelling each letter to the non-english speaking grunt. eMail verification came and what do you know, it's going to completly different address. It's taken 3 calls and an online chat (worthless) to get it straightened out. If it wasn't such a cool LCD I'd love to say "cancel the order until someone who speaks english can call me back".
 
How did you get the $185 discount? I called dell and they said the $1199 price was the only price they could give it to me at. :(

Did you order through Dell Home or Dell Small Business? I've never ordered anything as a "small business" so I'm not sure how to go about doing that. I mean, I don't have a business, so that's to be expected. LOL.
 
How do the small business programs work? I've found how to get a discount through other means but I do technically have my own business if I could get an even larger discount.
 
Darkeforce said:
How did you get the $185 discount? I called dell and they said the $1199 price was the only price they could give it to me at. :(

Did you order through Dell Home or Dell Small Business? I've never ordered anything as a "small business" so I'm not sure how to go about doing that. I mean, I don't have a business, so that's to be expected. LOL.

I sent you a PM. I called and told them I was considering the Sony 23" would they match a special I saw last week in the Small Business area. They knocked 15% off and set me up.
 
I ordered today, they said that they are having problems getting the adjustable stands for the 2405 and thats causing the delay

sucks :mad:
 
JB22 said:
I ordered today, they said that they are having problems getting the adjustable stands for the 2405 and thats causing the delay

sucks :mad:
Tell them to send you the display now, and send you the stand when it's ready :D
 
Tell me about it :rolleyes: I had my order in before March 5th and now I am looking at past April 11th :mad: I went in with a group and I bet it doesn't help that they are in a group of 25
 
ordered min thursday the 24th with a 15% off coupon i found in the small business section around 1AM in the morning. Ordered at that price ($1019.15+61.15tax=1080.30total) not great, but better than like 1270 after tax at normal price. Estimated ship date is April 8th and expected delivery date is 13th-15th... i guess thats not that bad

btw: i got up the next day and checked the deal at around noon, and it was already off their site so i guess i got lucky
 
mine was shipped 2 days after I placed the order by phone :D Fastest yet, I had to wait longer for 2001fp than for this puppy ;)
 
I ordered mine on a Friday, the order page claimed "ships in 5-7 days", it shipped on Sunday and I received it the following Thursday. So 7 days from order to arrival.
 
Back
Top