2405fpw users I need help!

Axsuul

Limp Gawd
Hello all, glad to finally have joined the 2405 group. I just received the monitor but I'm having a problem. My video card is an ATI 9600 PRO All-in-wonder, i'm using the latest catalyst drivers, and I'm using the native resolution 1920 x 1200, and in the scalibility option on the monitor im using 1:1, but i get black bars and the side and i have to pan it to the right in order to see the rest of the screen. If the black bars weren't there, it seems like it would fit perfectly on the monitor. Any suggestions why it's doing this? Thanks for your time.

Your 9600 may not be compatable. I had a 9700 and when I bought my monitor, Dell told me I had to upgrade so I bought a 1800 AIW.

But it has been working for other sub-par video cards like the geforce4, etc i've been reading on the Dell forums.

Not sure what the problem is but I have a 9700 PRO and the monitor works perfectly.

I've ran it for a month on a Geforce 2 MX 32mb AGP with no problem.

Edit:Try changing your scalibility option to 16:10.

There is no such option on the monitor, there's only 1:1, Stretch, and Aspect. Is it somewhere on the OS?

are you using RGB or DVI? Did you try the Fill and Apect ratios to see what happens?

AUDSCOTT: Thanks for the link but that's not the same problem I'm having.

ZeroH: Yes, I've tried those both. I'm getting the same results for 1:1 and Aspect. I've included a screenshot to show what it looks like from my point of view using Aspect and 1:1.

desktop3vb.gif

I'm using 1920 x 1200 resolution (native). When I pan to the right, the 320 pixels to the right is just enough to fill up both black bars. Thanks for your time, I appreciate all your guys' help.

Edit: Oh yes, if you were wondering what happens in Fill mode, it fills up the whole screen but I still have to pan to the right still and everything looks disproportioned and stretched.

ZeroH: Unfortunately, I've tried that as well with no luck.

=( Any other ideas?

In your posts, you always refer to the "monitor's" controls.
It gives the impression you are using only the monitor's controls to control the screen-pic.

I have a GeForce video card, a 23" monitor, and run the monitor strictly in DVI mode.
I never use the Monitor controls.
I select the option to let vid card control the display, and then use card's tons of controls, to totally-control the monitor's pic-size, pic-shape, color, contrast, brightness, color-temp, anti-aliasing, etc. etc..

I've played around with the catalyst drivers as well. Is it common that my video card detects the monitor only as "Default Monitor"?

Alright, I installed the driver but I still get the same results, err..

Anyone else who has had my problem before but cured it?

I'm not sure how this pertains to an ati card, i'm using nvidia, but in the driver settings under "Digital Flatpanel Settings" there are 4 options for the scaling. One of the options is the aspect ratio scaling that you are apparently using, which gives me the sidebars as well. However the default option is monitor scaling which works. Can you find something similar in the ati driver cpl ?

Back