• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2405fpw spot

magic144

n00b
Joined
Nov 26, 2005
Messages
5
is it just me, or does anybody else see an ever-so-slightly darker spot in the centre of their 2405fpw

this is the replacement I'm onto now, and it shows similar (albeit less) symptoms to my original order

if you set the screen to all-black, turn the lights out and look at the screen from an oblique angle, can you see an ever-so-slightly darker spot near the centre? or is it just these 2 monitors I've had from dell???
 
thing is it's not immediately obvious until you have a uniform background and look for it

how many times should I try again with Dell? (and how many times would Dell be prepared to try again with me??) is there a 'perfect' 2405fpw, or have I bought into a shaky brand? I believe these are A04 builds... perhaps others are better/worse... perhaps I should just wait until HDCP versions come out (although just how this would affect the quality of their panels, I'm doubtful)

anyway, be ultra-critical in looking at your own as I've suggested and tell me if you can see any fluctuations in the darkness when viewing in a dark room from an oblique angle as I've described, before you tell me yours is 'perfect'! I'd like to know
 
The dark spot u see when u look straight on is just the inherent problem with S-PVA panels such as the 2405fpw. It's a color wash problem. In exchange for better black level and response time, that is the penalty u pay. Its only a problem if it bothers u very much, if there is no backlight bleeding, dead pixels, buzzing sound, then u should just keep the monitor.
 
Back
Top