• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2405FPW owners, need pics

IceWindus

n00b
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
10
So my below thread explains whats going on but I REALLY wanna see how this screen compares to regular 19" LCD"s and what not, does anyone have good comparison size shots of this monitor against regular LCD's and monitors?
 
I have 2 19" Samsung 910ts and don't know if I want to get one yet.

I'm going home with a ruler to compare .. the viewable area of the 2405FPW is somewhere around 20" wide, 12" high (I think). If the 2405FPW seems small to me when I do get one, then I'm returning it.
 
Actually, Dell states the viewing area is 24". This pic almost makes me crap my pants

Edit, I found this in the 2404 forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalKenneth
Width of the screen including bezel: 22in
Height " " :Just shy of 14.5"

Width of the viewable area: Just shy of 20.5"
Height of the viewable area: 12.75"


img03964bx.jpg
 
CuPoJava said:
Yes, 24" diagonal.


I made a rough cut out with paper with the proper dimensions of the "actual" viewable area and holy shit its big!!! I put it across one of my workers 19" LCD"s and its almost 1inch taller and 4-5 inches longer of viewable area!
 
Just to note, the silver monitor in the second picture is a Samsung 181t 18" LCD, not a 19" one :p

Edit:

My 2 19" LCDs measures 32" diagonal .. hmm.
 
CuPoJava said:
Just to note, the silver monitor in the second picture is a Samsung 181t 18" LCD, not a 19" one :p

Edit:

My 2 19" LCDs measures 32" diagonal .. hmm.


Well heres the comparison chart of my 19" Hyundai L90D+ The paper represents the TRUE surface viewing area of the 2405FPW:

compare0qz.jpg



This is a good comparison
compare28tj.jpg
 
IceWind said:
Well heres the comparison chart of my 19" Hyundai L90D+ The paper represents the TRUE surface viewing area of the 2405FPW:



This is a good comparison



Tooooo much time on your hands :D
 
Thats a good comparison. I see plenty of pics of the 2405 on these forums but you cant really gauge how big it is by just looking at the pictures.

I just bought a 2405, coming from a 20 inch lcd(vp201s), going to have to sell that soon.
 
jayx9 said:
Thats a good comparison. I see plenty of pics of the 2405 on these forums but you cant really gauge how big it is by just looking at the pictures.

I just bought a 2405, coming from a 20 inch lcd(vp201s), going to have to sell that soon.

Yeah, sadly our 2405's are being manufactured right now....ung.....I hate waiting
 
IceWind said:
Yeah, sadly our 2405's are being manufactured right now....ung.....I hate waiting

Mine is already shipped. :D

I ordered on the 8th was shipped the 10th. Due to arrive Monday...Damn sundays..
 
Here is a pic of my 2405 vs my former big screen - Samsung 193P.

24" meet the 19" lcd...

47b5d622b3127cce936cbb71080400000016108AatnDJo5ZNm


And the beauty of it? The 2405 looks bigger in REAL LIFE than these pics can convey! It is almost surreal looking at a screen that pretty much covers your eyes' entire viewing area. Very involving for gaming - esp. HL2. :D
 
is the 2405 telescoped all the way up to its max? I want to compare its height to the 193p next to it.
 
Yeah, viewable size in 4:3 mode is a little bit larger than a 20 inch LCD. Pretty huge all around, in fact I'm using it as a primary display for DVDs and have ditched my 27" flat CRT tv because anamorphic dvds are only like an inch smaller on the 2405fpw and look a hell of a lot better. Probably sounds silly to most people but I don't have the space for a 37" westinghouse just yet!
 
cambrian said:
is the 2405 telescoped all the way up to its max? I want to compare its height to the 193p next to it.

Believe it or not, that's the LOWEST the 2405 goes while that's the HIGHEST the 193P goes.

Odd huh?
 
Back
Top