2405fpw dead pixel expectations

puppyfriend

Weaksauce
How many people have dead pixels with their 2405fpw? I know that many of you have posted that you have none. I have one pixel stuck on in the lower right about 2 columns from the edge of the screen. So it's about 1mm from the edge. I can only tell when the monitor is all black. Man these pixels are small. No, it's not dust. When I turn off the monitor it goes away. My question is, what's the dead pixel rate of these monitors. If I exchange it, what are the chances I will get one without dead pixels? I don't want to exchange it just to get one with a worse dead pixel problem. Should I just tough it out?

puppy what you can do is asking Dell to send out a replacement. After you get it you can compare them SBS then return one.....

I honestly don't think it's worth worrying about when it's just one dead pixel in an area so far from the center. I'd keep it if I were you. There's a good chance the replacement might end up with at least one dead pixel and it might be in an even worse spot.

Riptide_NVN said:
I honestly don't think it's worth worrying about when it's just one dead pixel in an area so far from the center. I'd keep it if I were you. There's a good chance the replacement might end up with at least one dead pixel and it might be in an even worse spot.

IMO, I would definitely ask for an exchange since this is a heavy price that you paid for and of course you want to squize the juice out of it. If the other one is worse, then keep your old one.

If it doesn't bother u keep it. Otherwise return it or ask them for a replacement. It's youre money after all and a lot of it. :)

It sounds like a good idea to get a replacement and then just choose the best. How does getting a replacement work? Do I have to pay for the return shipping.

Call them. If it's within the first 21 days you can get a replacement cross shipped to you and they will pay for return shipping as well.

If you ask for a replacement, do you have to send it back first, or can you wait till the replacement comes, compare them, and then decide which one to keep?

Adam Wilkinson said:
If you ask for a replacement, do you have to send it back first, or can you wait till the replacement comes, compare them, and then decide which one to keep?

++

Anybody know?

Adam Wilkinson said:
++

Anybody know?

They will ship you the new one first. The new one will have a return airbill which will allow you to ship the other one back. This will give you some time to compare the two and figure out which one you want.

CalKenneth said:
They will ship you the new one first. The new one will have a return airbill which will allow you to ship the other one back. This will give you some time to compare the two and figure out which one you want.

Thank you!

i would like to say i am a dumbass....i gave the wrong order number for a return which was for a 2005fpw since i have so many invoices lying around instead of the 2405...luckily i got it fixed and it should be takened care of

puppyfriend said:
I found dell's dead pixel policy. 6 dead pixels for a return.

You could have a perfect 2405FPW and return it for a full refund within the first 21 days.

100% Total Satisfaction Policy. As for exchanging, I told them I had two stuck pixels. I received an email back explaining that there were 2,304,000 pixels on a 24" LCD and that some are expected to be bad (email stated 10 dead pixels as being acceptable) but that they'd be happy to return or replace it if I wanted.

You should have no dead pixels. You paid for 1920x1200 pixels, not 1919 x 1198 or whatever. Some people could care less, but if you do notice it one day, esp when watching a movie in a dark room, it'll upset you.
I plan on exchanging and exchanging and exchanging until I get one without dead pixels. It's $1000....if you paid $1000 for a plasma tv at best buy or whatever, I think those folks would expect no dead pixels. Certainly for a $2500 one. I don't see why this is any different other than the fact that the manufacturers have stated that they should be granted a certain tolerance for error, which of course, protects their bottom line: profit.
Don't buy into it. You'll use the monitor or at least own it for 5 years I bet.

Oh, I've decided to definitely go for the exchange. I can live with my dead pixel even though I noticed it about two minutes after I powered up the monitor. But since this monitor is so expensive and dell has the total satisfaction warranty. Why not exchange it?

I'd exchange it if I were you, the more companies realize people won't tolerate these defects the more they'll clamp down on quality control.

Back