2405fpw backlight issue

Neutrino

Gawd
Well I just purchased a 240FPW to replace my 2007FP which had banding issues. Now i love ths monitor, great size, no dead pixels, no delay or lag i can notice etc...

However just today I just noticed some bad backlight bleeding a you can see in the pictures bellow. Now the interesting thing is that i never noticed it too now even though i had the monitor for 4 days and i ran different tests including an all black screen as in the pictures. So is it possible that the monitor just developed a problem or is it most likelly that i missed it?

Also if i replace the monitor is there a good chance I'll get a good one or do they all have this backlight issue?

Wow dude that is really bad...I had my 2405 for 6 months now and its almost perfect...i say almost because after one day of use i noticed a dead pixel, but good thing its in the corner, so i dont even notice it...but that backlight bleeding of yours is terrible...definatly change it...

You see thats why i bought mine from costco, because i paid $1100 and i want a perfectly good product, and in case something goes wrong i can exchange it or return it..

Good luck.

I just received my 2405 today. I do not see any backlight bleeding. I hope that it does not occur in a few days as that would definately piss me off.

Those 4 squares look like pressure points from the foam packing material. Must have had a rough transit. Don't settle for that noise, replace it.

istymie said:
Those 4 squares look like pressure points from the foam packing material. Must have had a rough transit. Don't settle for that noise, replace it.

Good point, i did not think of that. Looking at the shipping box its certainly not in perfect shape.

Man i cannot belive that after the whole drama with the 2007FP return now i have to exchange the 2405FPW. I hope i get a good one in exchage because i really like this monitor model.

Wow ..ouch

Seems like the backlight was ok besides getting punched in 4 places. :p Which revision did you get? Mine has zero backlight leakage..and I got an A05. Anyone know what Dell changes in these revisions?

Mine has 0 backlight bleeding... and I haven't heard many (if any) other reports of it. Yours definately is worse that the average.

I received A05 just like aznx and manufactured in March of 06.

Just checked in the back and mine is also a rev A05 and manufatured in march 2006 so its quite new. Must have been damaged in the shipping, or they did not test it in the factory.

I hope they send a new one as replacement since I just purchased this sucker a few days ago.

well, id say its worth the try, what can it hurt? Dell does advanced replacement and refunds you for shipping the bad one back. Im not sure on chances though, i have a 2005fpw and i have no problems, good blacklight and everything, i guess its just luck

Really good chance that you'll get a good one, I wouldn't settle for that. try to get a new one

Back