2405FPW supports HDTV 1080i through component input, period.
Apart from the fact that when I turn to 1:1 ratio, the screen displays with full res (thin black bars top and bottom which makes the difference between 1200 and 1080), while at 480p / 720p (1:1) only a much smaller portion of the screen is used, the looks of it just can't be wrong coz the difference is so HUGE between 480p and 1080i that even someone blind can tell the difference.
I have also tried VGA input by xbox 360 but oh man, that sucks when compared with 1080i. Try turn up saturation level up to 80 when using component input.
The dell 24" does not support HDCP, that's for sure, but that is totally irrelevant to the fact that it supports 1080i signal through component.
For those who said it doesn't, don't get me wrong, maybe just that there really are different versions of the monitor coz I bought mine only around 1 week ago.
Apart from the fact that when I turn to 1:1 ratio, the screen displays with full res (thin black bars top and bottom which makes the difference between 1200 and 1080), while at 480p / 720p (1:1) only a much smaller portion of the screen is used, the looks of it just can't be wrong coz the difference is so HUGE between 480p and 1080i that even someone blind can tell the difference.
I have also tried VGA input by xbox 360 but oh man, that sucks when compared with 1080i. Try turn up saturation level up to 80 when using component input.
The dell 24" does not support HDCP, that's for sure, but that is totally irrelevant to the fact that it supports 1080i signal through component.
For those who said it doesn't, don't get me wrong, maybe just that there really are different versions of the monitor coz I bought mine only around 1 week ago.