• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2405FPW and XBOX 360-My experience

Najeroni

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 3, 2005
Messages
103
All over Component:

Playing 360 on my 2405fpw brought interesting results. Whenever I would set the 360 on 1080, Call of Duty 2 would have some serious ghosting. Perfect dark zero would not have the ghosting, but it would run a bit poorly. Changing the settings on the 360 to 720p set a whole different world. Call of Duty was crisp, smooth, moving around was perfect. It was like playing at a Kiosk at target or best buy with one of those Samsung LCDs. Perfect Dark looked much sharper as well for me at 720p, watching the glare on the gun when reloading was amazing. But when I played multiplayer on PDZ, split screen online, the games graphics were fairly poor. I assume it is because each screen was trying to run its own independent resolution above and below. Either way, pushing my chair back about a foot made a world of a difference. Up close is the only way to see the imperfections.


I rented NFS: Most Wanted also, and that game was simply unbelievable at 720p. The cars looked great, racing around at those high speeds was handled by the system and monitor real well. Overall, PDZ was the only game that gave me any sort of graphical letdown, but I hear it is doing that for a lot of people so I am not too worried. Now only if I hadn't gotten rid of my system, I miss that thing!
 
having it on 1080 will make the 360 do a bit of extra work to convert the signal.

I think ill have mine on 720 and leave the 2405 do the scaling!

Just ordered my 2405! cant wait!! (not that I have a xbox 360 yet.. damn amazon!)
 
chzxmnky said:
if 720 works fine, does that mean that the 2005fpw will run it well?

Absolutely. A friend of mine has it hooked up to his 2005 with VGA and it's top notch. ;)
 
I have a VGA to DVI adapter. I wonder if that would work.

Update:

Dell 2405fpw has a DVI-D therefore a VGA to DVI adapter would not would since it would convert VGA to DVI-A. Unless Dell 2405fpw had a DVI-I then the adapter would work.
 
Mayor McCheese said:
Please let us know what settings you are using for the monitor.

All I did was plugged in the components, turned the brightness down a bit and set in the 360 dashboard to play at 720p.

Couple of pics of the setup, couldnt get any good action shots since I was using my cell phone.

hrhp8j.jpg

hrhpb9.jpg
 
I also agree. 720p is perfect for the 2405. 1080i has ghosting issues and playing at 1080i gave me a headache. Probably because it is interlaced.
 
I may switch from VGA to component. VGA is too bright. With the brightness set all the way down to zilch, some games still don't have a low enough black level.
 
Back
Top