2405 Leans slightly to the right..

jayx9

Limp Gawd
My 2405 sits on its stand slightly to the right I tried to force it down on the left side to even it up but it stays uneven... is really bothering me...Does anyone else have this problem? Do any of you guys know how to fix it?

Do like everyone else here> RETURN IT. ;)

Seriuosely, Dell must get thousands upon thousands of these 2005 or 2405FPW's returend for minor issues like some minute backlight bleading etc. I'm begining to feel sorry for them.

lol, i think thats why they don't sell them cheaply anymore
and to OP
are your cables too tight?

No the cables arent on tight I made sure they were lose the first time I put them on. I dont want to return it if people know an easy fix for it... Its jus too much trouble to do that..

I guess when you spend that kind of money you expect it to be perfect. I had a similar issue. Since that was the only issue I wasn't going to send it back. What I did was stick two heavy duty felt pads together. These are the kind you stick to the bottom of a chair leg to protect the floor. They are only an inch in diameter. I placed it under the right side and the tilt is gone. In fact I forgot all about it. If that's your only issue don't return it.

how about putting something under the side that is down? call me crazy, but that sounds like a pretty obvious solution.

Jozone said:
how about putting something under the side that is down? call me crazy, but that sounds like a pretty obvious solution.
Cause it would look weird. Its not like a couch where you put a book on the bottom of the broken leg... cause you rarely see the book and it doesnt bother you as much. If I did that Id see it and it would bother me alot...

Anyway heres a pic you can see how lopsided it is...The Desk is straight so use that as reference..

tilt.jpg

Cripes man, I though you said slightly?

Mine leans to the right as well, but only about 1mm or so.

Have you tried disassembling the monitor from its stand and reassmbling it just to see if it will stop leaning?

I had the same problem with my 2005, I just tilted it to the left a little bit until I got it to stick at a level point. The reason I bring this up is I wonder if the monitor stands are the same for both... if they are, you know that is your problem.

It's the stand, not the display. Try it on another stand. This is a common "problem", try a search on the forum, you'll find you're not alone. I've used four of these displays, currently have two. The fit of the rotation peg-stop varies. The four stands for these displays varied in "levelness".

I Have disassembled and reassembled the monitor. I tried to push it really hard on the left side to even it out but it just goes right back to leaning after Im done. I can only push down so hard before I feel like its going to break. Also I have tried searching here before I posted and nothing really came up... anyone else have any suggestions..

Edit: I only have one 2405 so that means one stand... I dont have another stand to put it on..

Will Dell swap stands with you? Doesn't hurt to ask.

How about wedging a folded piece of paper in between the monitor and the stand to level it out?

jayx9 said:
I Have disassembled and reassembled the monitor. I tried to push it really hard on the left side to even it out but it just goes right back to leaning after Im done. I can only push down so hard before I feel like its going to break. Also I have tried searching here before I posted and nothing really came up... anyone else have any suggestions..

Edit: I only have one 2405 so that means one stand... I dont have another stand to put it on..

Here are some other posts from others with the tilt/sag problem, it might help ease the pain and/or help address it :)

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=918997
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1027376153&postcount=1289
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=950028

If it really bothers you, see if Dell can send you another stand (instead of replacing the entire display, which may be a "good" one). Other option is to just buy a good quality aftermarket stand or arm. I would avoid forcing the display to fix it; it's not worth risking damage to the display because of the stand.

Back