I got my 1st 2405 last week.
Absolutely love it , but it had pretty bad backlight leakage( All 4 corners and pretty bright in 2 corners, wasnt really black except for few inches in center of the screen). But zero dead pixels.
So after a few days, I decided that it would bug me too much if I just let the backlight slide and then Id be hosed if i waited too long.
So I contact Dell, now i did waste about 70 minutes of my life on hold, in phone maze and then talking to a guy who spoke English barely better than the average 18 month old.
But in the end it paid off.
My 2nd 2405 showed up today. I was concerned i might get one with better backlight but have it have dead pixels (which would bug me more).
Much to my delight zero dead pixels and only a very minor bleed in the lower left corner. (Slightly noticeable on the blank screen saver.)
Not worth spending another 70 min of my life on the phone with Dell and rolling the dice again.
Even with the 1st monitor I was fairly happy, its a beautiful monitor.
But now I wont cringe everytime the screen goes black.
Absolutely love it , but it had pretty bad backlight leakage( All 4 corners and pretty bright in 2 corners, wasnt really black except for few inches in center of the screen). But zero dead pixels.
So after a few days, I decided that it would bug me too much if I just let the backlight slide and then Id be hosed if i waited too long.
So I contact Dell, now i did waste about 70 minutes of my life on hold, in phone maze and then talking to a guy who spoke English barely better than the average 18 month old.
But in the end it paid off.
My 2nd 2405 showed up today. I was concerned i might get one with better backlight but have it have dead pixels (which would bug me more).
Much to my delight zero dead pixels and only a very minor bleed in the lower left corner. (Slightly noticeable on the blank screen saver.)
Not worth spending another 70 min of my life on the phone with Dell and rolling the dice again.
Even with the 1st monitor I was fairly happy, its a beautiful monitor.
But now I wont cringe everytime the screen goes black.