2400g GPU clock gets stuck after installing Ryzen Master

• Thread starter Deleted member 89018
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 89018

I wanted to see about tweaking some settings on my 2400g last night so I installed Ryzen Master. Noticed much lower framerates in Unigine Heaven after the install, without changing anything in RM.

GPU-Z was reporting the Vega 11 clock speed stuck at 400MHz, wouldn't go any higher. Even after removing RM, it still wouldn't go above 400MHz. Had to do a driver reinstall then reboot after removing it, and then performance went back to expected, boosting up to 1240MHz.

I know RM has some GPU clocking capability in it, and there's a 400MHz value locked in on the "default" profile it loads, but it seems this is overriding the actual default of the GPU and preventing it from going any higher.

Anyone else run in to this? Seems strange default behaviour for the app, I would think whatever it reads and sets as default would be the driver defaults, not locking it to 400MHz.

(I did not try applying a custom profile with an altered GPU clock last night, figured I'd try that in round 2).

ive had that issue with my 280x before and it was something with the driver that got worked out in the next update. the driver would get stuck in 2d mode and lower lock speeds. you could try using afterburner in the meantime.

Experienced the same thing and did use DDU to clear everything and reinstall the driver. Haven't played with a custom profile yet since I'm also building another 2200G

I noticed a bug where it would go from the set speed down to 200MHz for a few seconds for no obvious reason. This happened even with stock speed targeted so I think they just have some bugs to work through

Back