240 enough for...

Light1984

Gawd
Hello all,

This will be my first time I give water cooling a go and I was wondering what your thoughts are on a 240 sized radiator for a Evga 680 hydro and a 2700k. Will that result in low temperatures for both parts? This will all be going in a Corsair 600T case, so I am limited to either one 240 or a 240 and a 120 in the front. I would rather avoid the latter though if possible. Thanks for any input.

Josh

Depending on the radiator you get and the fans you use, you will probably see temps equivalent to air, but your system will probably be quieter when under load.

It doesn't matter if he runs stock or not, a decent 240mm rad will perfrom pretty well for the system he intends cooling down.

Go for it, you'll be fine.

It doesn't matter if he runs stock or not, a decent 240mm rad will perfrom pretty well for the system he intends cooling down.

Go for it, you'll be fine.

It does matter since OP specifically stated:
Will that result in low temperatures for both parts?

Now if he runs both stock, temps should be somewhat low for both parts, but if he OC's them to the max he isn't going to have "low" temps. I don't disagree with you that he'll be fine on a 240 with those components OC'd or not, but temps-wise it will matter.

I ran a 45nm core 2 quad and an 8800GT on a single 240mm rad. I had the cpu overclocked to the max. I never really had issues with temps due to the fact that when I was gaming the cpu wasn't dumping massive amounts of heat. Vice versa when it was sitting there folding, the cpu was maxxed but the video was idle. I had no issues with temps in these scenarios. Granted the 680 puts out more heat than the 8800GT did, but I think he'd have pretty decent temps overall. U can always try it and see.

Otherwise you're probly better off going for a different case or putting a rad off the back as well.

Well gents, thanks for the replies. I ended up going with a 360 radiator. I want to get "good" temps under full load. I am going to have to mod the crap out of my 600T to get it to fit though, lol.

Josh

Back