24" vs 27" (1080p)

tokie

n00b
Joined
Feb 20, 2009
Messages
46
So, I'm getting a new monitor and it's down to a 24" 1080p screen, and a 27" 1080p screen.

I am hesitant about the pixel pitch on the 27" since it seems to me to be a relatively low resolution for 27 inches. However, this monitor would be mostly used for gaming/movies. I am only considering the 27" because I would be watching movies from farther away.

Is a low pixel pitch still noticeable using a screen for games/videos as opposed to text-based applications? Anyone have any experience with this? FYI, my previous monitor was a 21.5" 1080p.
 
I'm coming from a 21.5" 1080p too and recently bought a 27.5" 1920x1200 monitor. I don't think the dot pitch would be noticeable but I'll let you know tomorrow when I get it.
 
Just got an Acer HN274Hbmiiid (27" 1080p). I was planning on using it just as a gaming/secondary monitor and using a higher res display as my main. However, I've begun to really like the pixel density. I can place the monitor towards the back of my desk and sit straight up in my chair without leaning forward or squinting. 1080p for me is plenty of resolution for just about anything. Overall, I find it very comfortable to use, and I now intend to use it as my main monitor.
 
Back
Top