24" Sceptre LCD for $259 FS

damnit, i bit. Was just here to look for harddrive deals and saw this. This site is gonna make me broke.

i bit on one.... for the price its really good, the colors look a bit washed out compared to the benq i had but other than that im satisfied with it.

I picked up four of these from Costco.com for $279, kinda regret it now (paid sales tax *and* shipping. /sigh). I'm using all four at work with the Chief KTP440 Quad-monitor stand, and I'm pretty happy with them. The color clarity on lighter greys is a little bad, I had to tweak the contrast some on the display itself and make some color adjustments on the video card side of things in order for things to be visually workable, but overall I can certainly say that I'm satisfied with these displays. No dead pixels on any of 'em, either. Heck, I'm thinking about picking up a couple more, maybe upgrade to the six-screen stand Chief makes... </pipedream>

Maybe this is a display-noob question, but why do all of the specifications for this LCD call it out as a 16:9 aspect ratio but with a native resolution of 1920x1200? Shouldn't it be 1920x1080 for a 16:9 and 1920x1200 for a 16:10? Or am I just misunderstanding something...

I bought one last night, prior to reading this thread lol. Hope it's a good monitor *crosses fingers*

I had been thinking about this for a week...when the free ship popped up...I'm in...why not for that price?

I've had that same Sceptre monitor for a few month's now.

I absolutly love it. I think the colors are fantastic! I had to do a little tweaking to the gamma/bright/contrast settings using the nvidia control panel to get it more to my liking but overall this has been the best monitor I've ever had.

Oh and all I do it game on the monitor so yes it works well for games. COD4 looks awesome on it.

sceptre is 1 most popular at costco right now.. cheap and good monitor/tv 1080p... some of u might never head of this brand but i bought 2 tv from them.. they all very good...

Back