24 or more thread machines

Nathan_P

[H]ard DCOTM x3
For anyone with a 2p/4p rig who feels inclined to try it, fire up a FAH client and set up a cpu slot with 36 threads, you may be slightly surprised:)

As much as I would love to humor you, I won't. What is the deal with 36 threads and F@H? I have 24 threads running WCG right now i could switch over.

I have quite a few systems that meet that criteria... however haven't done anything on F@H in ages. Mainly as using CPUs seemed to be borderline pointless vs. GPUs and their client doesn't support SOCKS proxy.

As much as I would love to humor you, I won't. What is the deal with 36 threads and F@H? I have 24 threads running WCG right now i could switch over.
There is a new project available, when I get a WU from it i'm seeing 240k PPD from 20 threads

Hmm....I must not have gotten one overnight. I'll spin up a new Windows VM today and try again.

Core a7? They are still random. I have received them on my 24 thread and my 2 thread computers.

Windows client keeps crashing @ 32 cores. i don't feel like messing with it, so i guess I'll wait for stability or something.

Back