24" Monitor Suggestions

Advocation

n00b
I'm looking to get a new 24" Monitor for a setup I will be building in the new year.

Planning on getting the monitor before as I'm moving, so need something smaller than my 37" Sony tv to play xbox on!

I have been looking mainly at the Dell U2410, but to be honest I don't really know what I am looking for. My main requirement is that the bezel is fairly thin.

Budget is up to £350 ex VAT, and I am in the UK.

Any suggestions?!

Is it primarily for gaming? If so, i'd really consider a 120hz TN panel. As much as I love IPS/PLS, for gaming only i'd go that route ;)

I would go IPS or PLS for greater than 1080p resolution. But for 1080p gaming? 120hz all the way

Is it primarily for gaming? If so, i'd really consider a 120hz TN panel. As much as I love IPS/PLS, for gaming only i'd go that route ;)

Acer has a nice 120hz panel I think.

Sorry, should have specified. It will be primarily for programming, but yes, I will be doing a fair bit of gaming with ;)

I would definitely recommend the XL2420T. I just realized that it is probably the most versatile and adaptable gaming out there. The sweet part about this new model is that it's truly 24" (most 120hz are 23.6") and is still LED backlit. It offers all sorts of display inputs. I know not many 120hz gaming monitors out there provide Dual HDMI, Display port, DVI, D-Sub all on 1 monitor. That's a lot of inputs, plus that's costly for companies to implement that many inputs. In other words this monitor is truly quite universal, regardless of what platform you operating under. The other cool features that were on the original XL2410T that I thought were awesome is the smart scaling feature which allows you to instantly switch between the different aspect aspect ratios and sizes through the OSD. Also they have a new additional feature which allows you to instantly switch between 3 present screen features to enhance instant gaming experience haha?

I'm not sure how thin of a monitor bezel you are looking for, but you can view pictures of the XL2420T and see if you find it thin enough :) Everyone has different needs on what is exactly thin enough for their uses so you'll have to evaluate that by yourself haha.

Here is the full thread on the BenQ XL2420T discussions on HardForum.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1645833

Back