• Great friend of mine with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    https://athleteoftheyear.org/2026/keenan-a856

24 inch LCD for Gaming

hity645

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
8,999
Looking for a good 24 inch or around 24 inch LCD for gaming, currently I have a 9800pro but towards the end of the year I'll be getting a newer card and whatever would be considered mid-range. I've been looking at a couple acers and of course the dell 2405FPW...

Should I get this one or
Hold out for the next Dell lcd that'll be coming out around the 24 inch size or same price?
 
it would be a waste for you to get a 24" LCD and a mid range card. Hell SLI has trouble in FEAR with a 24" LCD

don't expect to get much out of the monitor with only a midrange card the lowest i would go is the 7800GT. I would recommend the 7900GT
 
I have yet to watch any movie on my pc in the last 10 years, screw HDCP
 
Unless you weren't planning on using Vista next year then you would be safe to buy a non-HDCP monitor. I for one am waiting for HDCP + Conroe + next next-gen graphics
 
As I said in my first post, currently I have a 9800pro, and towards the end of this year Ill be building a new rig with a mid-range card. Which by then, could be the 7900. So, I should then wait for the new Dell with HDCP....why is HDCP so important? And I do plan on using VIsta if and when it does come out next year. :rolleyes:
 
hity645 said:
As I said in my first post, currently I have a 9800pro, and towards the end of this year Ill be building a new rig with a mid-range card. Which by then, could be the 7900. So, I should then wait for the new Dell with HDCP....why is HDCP so important? And I do plan on using VIsta if and when it does come out next year. :rolleyes:

Vista doesn't require HDCP. Only if you want to watch HD DVD movies on your PC.

Either way, it's a DRM scam.
 
Don't waste your money on a 24" monitor and a mid rage card. I have a 20" widescreen and even that is a little too much for my "midrage" 6800.
 
my geforce 4 played css pretty well at native :) but Im on a 7900gtx now :)
 
I think I'll wait for the next Dell monitor to be released in the 20+ inch flavor. I get a 15% from my work on cart totals over $100 and my parents want a new machine so Ill order it all at once and get a discount. Thanks for the replies on HDCP (major scam).
 
Bobby Peru said:


i love how there ALWAYS has to be a person (and a 'n00b' at that!) that has to come in and treadcrap someones thread when they are asking for advice. Sure, no shit, they can google 'HDCP' or go to wikipedia, etc.

They are posting here for people's advice/opinions on things, not looking for some smartass to be like 'hey buddy, search for it yourself'

Just pisses me off how people can come across as trying to be a wiseass on these boards when all someone is doing is looking for some help!

And I believe he was asking why HDCP is important, not what it is.




Oh, and 'so lazy...' eh? You took the time to post a link to it, why couldnt you c/p some info about it in the thread for him? Yeha, you were being LAZY. :D
 
I don't recall ever watching a DVD on my computer (except when I was in the dorms and I didn't have a TV).
 
I love my Westy 32" :D

I got it about 3-4 days ago. I had it first hooked up through VGA, and coming from a 17" LCD it was blurry and huge. I felt like throwing up looking at the screen for an hour straight. But i just swapped it out using DVI, and oh man much better clarity. It's as clear as my 17" screen...except that it's much bigger. I was considering getting the 37" but now i think it would've been overkill. I purchased mine for $989 +tax from bestbuy with a 2-year no interest payment plan.
 
32" is a lil too big...if Im going to go in the 30+ size Ill just buy a projector :)
 
Back
Top