24 hour monitors turned on

fudge2011

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 3, 2011
Messages
493
i have brightness off, contrast at about 40 and switched on 24/7....

will they be ok?

3 hanns hz281 .


minor worry.....

proabably because i just switched theme to classic and forgot about screensaver....



facepalm
 
you don't have the displays set to standby after x minutes?

nothing wrong with leaving them "on" if the backlights go to sleep when you're not using them. else that's dumb.
 
If you are worried about whether it caused image retention to have them on for so long, I wouldn't worry about that. I haven't heard of image retention problems on LCD monitors in quite a long time.
 
Eventually it happens to some LCD monitors. I've seen it happen on three LCD monitors so far.

I have a 6 year old Dell 2007wfp with ~35000 hours usage that is now exhibiting this behavior. If I, say, place a high contrast content on it (say a window with some sharp geometric features like black/white borders) and don't move it for about 15-30 minutes, I can close the window and I'll see traces of that content there.

Not sure what's causing it. I suspect maybe:
- the electronics driving the crystals are failing to discharge properly hence maintaing some residual "value" of the previous long-term pixel value.
- the crystals themselves have problems untwisting etc eventhough the electronics driving them are applying the correct voltage etc.
 
Back
Top