24" + 2x 20" WS

choogi

n00b
I'm currently running 2x2007WFP but they just don't offer enough vertical resolution for coding. I'm thinking of adding on a 2408WFP and rotating the 20's to portrait mode. Does anyone have any experience/photos of this? A 30" screen is just too expensive for me so I think I'll have to settle with 24".

I tried that with my 24" and one 2007WFP and it does look a tad ridiculous, but if you need the space, then hey! :D

FYI, if you're using the stock stands on the 2007's, then you won't have access to the USB hubs, as they rotate so that the plugs are at the bottom.

I don't really use those USB ports anyways so that doesn't matter too much.

Do you have a picture of your setup?

I can take one if you'd like a size comparo, however I'm running my 2007 in standard landscape.

Would you mind taking a quick snapshot of the setup with the 20" in landscape and in portrait? Why did you end up flipping the 20" back into landscape?

Here's a Soyo 24" w/ 2x2007wfp on the sides. I used to have them in portrait also and moved back to landscape. I like my horizontal space :) I have since upgraded to a single 30" and a 19" widescreen on the side for stuff like messenger/reference pages/etc.

myroom.jpg

Here is my room currently:

newmonitor3.jpg

Widescreen doesn't have enough pixels vertically, and then when rotated, it doesn't have enough horizontally. I vote for 16:12 to return... :D

Back