24" 16:10, wanna change with 27" 16:9

by switching the aspect ratio, you end up with something more akin to a 25" - the difference isn't worth it.

For example, I have that exact same samsung monitor, and I bought a hannspree 25.5 in 16:9, and it's the loss in screen real-estate compared to my samsung was dramatic. I personally wouldn't touch anything >24" in 16:9.

I would personally get something like this if you're looking to upgrade:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254043

After going through various other samsung, lg, etc models, that's one of the ones I settled on for my setup. great colors (for a TN), 16:10, good value. Bezel's a bit thick, but that's my only real gripe about it. Your needs may be different though.

Thanks. But there is no DVI
I could use HDMI, that's the same ( except sound ... ) but i have no idea if this monitor is a good one.
Actually, i would keep the aspect ratio 16:10, instead 16:9

by switching the aspect ratio, you end up with something more akin to a 25" - the difference isn't worth it.

For example, I have that exact same samsung monitor, and I bought a hannspree 25.5 in 16:9, and it's the loss in screen real-estate compared to my samsung was dramatic. I personally wouldn't touch anything >24" in 16:9.

I would personally get something like this if you're looking to upgrade:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254043

After going through various other samsung, lg, etc models, that's one of the ones I settled on for my setup. great colors (for a TN), 16:10, good value. Bezel's a bit thick, but that's my only real gripe about it. Your needs may be different though.

Now that monitor I approve of. :)

Thanks. But there is no DVI
I could use HDMI, that's the same ( except sound ... ) but i have no idea if this monitor is a good one.
Actually, i would keep the aspect ratio 16:10, instead 16:9

The built in speakers(2W) aren't that great that I would go out of my way to use them via HDMI. Just use an HDMI to DVI converter and use desktop speakers instead.

Back