23" IPS/PLS Gaming Monitor

John117

n00b
I want a Gaming monitor 23"
IPS or PLS ............ Any Suggestions

Max 6 ms

Passive 3d is a Plus (if available)

Both Asus VG23AH and Eizo FS2333 use very light light coatings. Asus is semi-glossy and Eizo is semi-matte. The Eizo is faster in response times and input lag. The Asus has the passive 3d and is cheaper. I own both and both are great. I currently use the Eizo though. The Asus is a backup or for when I want to get 3D up and running.

PLS/ IPS? 23" and 27" are the norm. Don't know any 26" and 24" are few and far between now that 16:10 is not being made as much.

Huh? You said PLS or IPS, did you really mean PLS only? I don't see how anyone could believe that 24" and 26" IPS monitors are few and far between...

Both Asus VG23AH and Eizo FS2333 use very light light coatings. Asus is semi-glossy and Eizo is semi-matte. The Eizo is faster in response times and input lag. The Asus has the passive 3d and is cheaper. I own both and both are great. I currently use the Eizo though. The Asus is a backup or for when I want to get 3D up and running.

thx.

Huh? You said PLS or IPS, did you really mean PLS only? I don't see how anyone could believe that 24" and 26" IPS monitors are few and far between...

The best IPS/PLS models do seem to come in 23" and 27" sizes.

The only 26" IPS I am aware of was the old NEC 2690. I do not know of a single other one.

In the 24" size, there are several grainy 16:10 models, and a couple of newer lighter coated ones... but still, 23" and 27" is much more common.

does anyone know of any new, upcoming 23 or 24 inch pls monitors?

EV2336W. Same panel as FS2333 with a better cabinet, stand and looks if you prefer the industrial design.

i guess i was thinking more along the lines of new models with new pls panels, not new models with existing panels. i don't know technology cycles so not sure when that may be.

Would you be okay with VA? The Eizo FG2421 is a great screen for gaming if you can get a good one - it has a new 120 Hz panel from Sharp and has a 240 Hz backlight modulation scheme similar to the lightboost tricks out there. There have been issues with edge glow but for the most part that is manageable with OSD adjustments.

Back