23" HP (S-IPS, refurbished) LCD Monitor for $205 + shipping

SolidBladez

Supreme [H]ardness
Saw this on SlickDeals so I figured I would post it as well.

http://www.snaggstuff.com/

Here are a couple of reviews on the monitor:
Product Description:

Condition: Refurbished

Warranty: 90 Day Snagg Warranty

View longer documents, spreadsheets and web pages with this HP 2335 Widescreen LCD Monitor!

This HP 2335 Widescreen LCD Monitor is perfect for multimedia users, graphic professionals and photographers! Its 23-inch Active TFT Matrix LCD display can be easily rotated from landscape to portrait thanks to its pivoting function!

The HP 2335 LCD Monitor offers superior clarity with its high resolution of 1920 x 1200, 250 cd/m2 brightness and 500:1 contrast ratio. Its 170-degree horizontal and vertical viewing angle makes it easy to see the screen from anywhere in the room!

Additional features include multiple inputs such as digital (DVI-I), analog (VGA ), S-Video, component and composite video and easy to use OSD controls with PiP (Picture-in-Picture) capability!

Features/Specs:

• 23-inch HP 2035 DVI Rotating Widescreen LCD Monitor
  • General Features:
    • Silver/carbon enclosure
    • 23-inch Active TFT Matrix Widescreen LCD display
    • 16:9 aspect ratio
    • 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz resolution
    • 0.258 mm pixel pitch
    • 250 cd/m2 brightness
    • 500:1 contrast ratio
    • 16 ms response time (typical, rise + fall)
    • 16.7 million color depth
    • 170-degrees horizontal and vertical viewing angles (10:1 minimum contrast ratio)
    • Height adjustable, tilt, swivel and pivot rotation
    • [Anti-glare coating
    • OSD controls with PiP (Picture-in-Picture) capability
    • English, French, German, Spanish, Italian languages
    • Wall mountable
    • Plug and Play
    • Energy-Star compliant

• Horizontal Frequency:
    • VGA input: 30 to 94 kHz
    • DVI input: 30 to 92 KHz

• Vertical Frequency:
    • DVI and VGA input: 48 to 85 Hz

• Connectors:
    • DVI-I
    • 15-pin VGA
    • Component Y/Pb/Pr
    • Composite video
    • S-Video

• Power Rating:
    • 100 - 240V, 50/60Hz, 1.6 - 0.8A

• Unit Dimensions:
    • 17.36 - (20.9, extended) x 21.46 x 8.27-inches (H x W x D, approximate)
    • 14.57 x 21.46 x 3.35-inches without stand (H x W x D, approximate)

Package Includes:
  • 23-inch HP 2335 DVI Rotating Widescreen LCD Monitor
  • VGA cable
  • Power cord

This place is very similar to Woot, except they have better customer service and don't offer 'bags of crap' (literally).

In total, it cost me $210 via ground shipping.

I believe this deal is fairly HAWT. :D

How's a 16ms response time for games?

I have bad memories of an old laptop that had a hideous response time and it made me nauseous.

It's not. I don't notice the difference between my new doublesight and my old 2005fpw which IIRC has the same responce.

these are probably defective, red tint that you can't get out, or red/green tint around the borders. I would stay away to avoid the headaches.

Gaming was OK with this monitor for me, it's definitely not bad, but these ARE REFURBISHED so maybe HP fixed the red tint problems who knows.

I just got one of the refurbished (debranded too) HP w2408h's from Buy.com and the thing is flawless.

FYI, these monitors have an identical dot pitch as 20" 1600x1200 and 30" 2560x1600 displays.

I can't find any policies on their website such as return or anything...anyone got info on that?

*edit* Yowza talk about oldschool, the Anand review is from 2005 :eek: But then again there are some great monitors from back then :) Obviously there have been advances but are there any huge downsides to this monitor that aren't in reviews? Or any massive advances in IPS that makes this not a good choice despoite the price? It sure is a bargain and has a nice tight pixel pitch.

No DVI-HDCP might kill it for some people.

Just to let everyone know, I finally got my monitor from SnaggStuff. They responded fairly quickly (at first) but once I tried contacting them back regarding if my order had shipped I didn't hear anything from them. I know it was during the holiday season and all but a simple "Your item has shipped" would have been helpful. Finally, after filing a PayPal dispute I got my tracking number. I wanted to cancel my order all together since I found it cheaper on eBay but my order had already shipped. :/

Anyways, here are some pictures of the packaging and with the monitor up and running.

As you can see here, the analog (D-Sub) cable was sticking out of the box. Ugh.

The packaging was minuscule. Just a few air bags and the LCD monitor was wrapped in a plastic sheet.

Here is what the colors look like right out of the box.

Comparison with my Westinghouse L2410NM.

Playing some CS:S (Iceworld map).

Quick color comparison. Even with the brightness turned all the way up, it still falls short of my Westinghouse. You can see that the pink hue is present in all colors, making the purple more purple/pinkish and making the red a vibrant color.

For what it's worth, I'm just glad the monitor was able to power on. I had one dead pixel in the lower left hand corner (first ever too.. :(). The bezel had lots of scratches and was slightly dusty. The packaging was horrendous. I was glad it was shipped through FedEx because UPS would have demolished it.

Overall Grade
Monitor: 80%
SnaggStuff.com: 50%

Before all this, I did email them regarding their 90-day Warranty. They told me that if for whatever reason I was not satisfied, just send it back to them and they would give me a full refund (mainly because they most likely won't have more in stock). Considering that I can get this monitor cheaper, I will try to get my refund.

Okay, I take it back on not being a useful purchase. I upgraded my 'TV Room' with a new entertainment console and swapped our 10 year old 19" tube for this 23" monitor. Surprisingly enough, I can barely see any pink hue. Hmm. :)

I just wish my cable provider (Comcast) would have a Component port rather than a Composite port on the digital cable box. :/

How's a 16ms response time for games?

I have bad memories of an old laptop that had a hideous response time and it made me nauseous.

That's 16ms for rise and fall, not grey-to-grey. The GTG response time is probably faster.

Back