23" AS-IPS?

Ricey

Limp Gawd
Anyone have any clue when the new 23" with AS-IPS panel LCDs will be out? I heard NEC has something in the works as well as philips, personally would rather have a NEC version though.

soon. fall should bring several models but for now it should be spotty at best.

hope one comes out really soon as in next month or so :p Got a 244T right now and the input lag is making me go crazy. Should have known when i first got it, i felt something was different and weird but didnt think too much of it and now its too late for a refund. I've gotten a little used to it but it still stinks.

Thank you for writing. Unfortunately there are no current plans of developing a larger screen in the GX2 series. I will however pass your request onto the engineers. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us for further assistance.

Sincerely,

Justin Pendleton
NEC Display Solutions Service & Support
Telephone: 1-800-632-4662
E-mail: [email protected]

-BOOOOOOO , hopefully it will be in a whole new product line maybe? :mad:

The Philips 230WP7NS is a new IPS, it could be the touted AS-IPS.

I'm probably going to get that Philips to replace my FW900. I don't think it's an AS-IPS, but it may be a newer version of the S-IPS as used in the HP L2335 and Sony P234.

Its specs are 300cd/m2, 700:1, 12ms & 178/178 instead of 250cd/m2, 500:1, 16ms & 170/170.

Problem is I haven't exactly heard a whole lot about it.

Exactly what I want, too. I had the Dell 2405FPW and didn't like the lag - sent it back and went back to the CRT.

I've used the new 20" LG-Philips based panels and I love them. If they were 23", I'd buy two.

In fact, the moment somebody releases a current-gen S-IPS or AS-IPS 23" panel, I'm buying two.

... or I could just get a 30. Hmm.

the philips is a AS-IPS panel but it doesnt have the DVM so its just 700:1 contrast. Only with the DVM like the one NEC uses in the WMGX2 would the contrast be 1600:1. I'd get the philips if it had HDCP (evil i know but rather have it than not if its going to be "standard") and component. I kinda like the glossy screen of the WMGX2 too since my room doesnt have light sources at all except the ceiling light. NEC saying they arent planning any larger screen sizes for the GX2 is sad but hopefully the engineers have something like it planned that the techs dont know about yet.

I got it on monday and will have all running next week. Been busy but its true doesn't have HDCP support but who knows they may make a external box to handle HDCP. Cheapest large screen is Samsung 244T but not interested because of the lag issue. Let you know how Philips does.

As to HDCP does anyone really think this is a serious issue over the next two years? Think about the complete lack of HDCP penetration in the Graphics card market. If the studios want people to buy their media they will have to take that into account. Plus it will only ever be a serious issue on the PC after Vista is out and seriously being adopted. As of right now that will be at least a year, and do you think they will get it there on time and with enough market participation that it becomes practical for all the HD-DVD providers to deem feasible to sell for? I doubt it.

And if I'm wrong?

Well, in two years I will buy another monitor! Twice as good, inches bigger and cheaper with HDCP, and give my philips to my wife :)

JT

Back