2209WA is EOL. any alternative for it ?

almonime

n00b
hi there,

since this monitor is eol, any one looked in his magic ball and can tell

if other e-IPS monitors are going to replace it by dell or other vandors ?

any 22" or 23" ?

and if so, any time frame ?

eol as a stock unit, I think. I don't think this has actually been confirmed by Dell.

e-IPS? yeah, there is a 23" NEC EA231WMi that is supposed to be coming out in the U.S this month. You can check the nec-display.com website for specs, pictures and the manual.

Oh, you're looking to get a monitor. Sorry for the confusion.

You can still get the 2209WA through Dell Small Business, it's just a matter of waiting a bit for shipping (though people are getting shipping confirmations much sooner than the website tells they can expect a delivery, sometimes by weeks or months)

You're assuming that the 2209WA is end-of-life'd solely by a rumor. It hasn't been explicitly confirmed by Dell that the monitor was axed. It could very well be supply shortages for the e-IPS panels from LGD.

I ordered my 2209wa on the 11th and it arrived today according to my wife. Under 2 weeks isn't too bad, of course YMMV. Also check around for coupons, when I ordered there was a 20% off, that I believe has expired now.

DAMN i bought my monitor almost 4 months ago and i love it to death
i can't believe they would stop selling theses! It is a very good product!

Well, theres more to the world than US. Here it is in stock and ships same day as ordered...

Personally I wouldn't pick an inferior monitor just because my first pick wasn't in stock. Order and wait, big deal?

this monitor is worth it to get espcially if you play online fps or games on your pc
there is like little to no input lag and i noticed a big diffrence coming from my old monitor to this ! I gave up a 24" monitor to go to this 22" monitor so that should say something about the quality of the 2209wa

Back