$220 to spend on a video card

AdamNesvick

2[H]4U
Well the X800XL is in its death throes (bad artifacting due to memory) so I am upgrading. I am looking at the BFG 7900GS OC right now. Any other ideas/alternatives in that price range right now?

Please give links if at all possible :)

I've had ATI for a while, but want something well priced with SM3 support that will give an improvement in speed, I don't expect anything that great. I also wanna see how the grass looks on Nvidias side of the fence as I am sick of shitty drivers ;)

Kick in an extra $20 and get the $240 Sapphire X1900XT 256MB that's on Newegg.

Yeah the X1900XT 256mb is definitely the way to go, or a 7900GT and voltmod the crap out of it, should be fast as hell too.

Anyways, I also have a similar question but my budget is a tad higher... $430 ... what do yall think?

what's the difference between the crossfire and non crossfire, besides being able to crossfire them.. which I dont plan to do anytime soon lol.

Hey Adam, how does one get the title "i loved stuffed cock in my ass"?

X1900XT 256mb is faster than anything under $300 and it's only $230. ATI really dropped a bombshell with this card get it while it hot.

it's actually $249 + shipping and applicable tax with a $15 mail in rebate on top of that :) pretty nice deal.

Im in the same boat as you. I just getting rid of my 6800GTs and with $220 to spend on a new card and Im going with the Saphire X1900XT 256MB for only $240 at newegg :) Although I might spend an extra $30 and get the Asus version thats HDCP enabled.

Well just pulled the trigger on a Sapphire X1900XT 512mb card for $325 shipped after shipping and tax. California + tax = SUCKS. But O well, it was only $20 ... :(

darktiger said:
Prob messing with Kyle...

We have a winner.

As far as the video card thing, I am just ready to get away from ATI (too many damn problems with drivers and such) Plus I want the ability to go SLI, and tweaktown has said the 7900GS is an awesome overclocker. I dunno, and $250 (checked price at the egg) is out of my budget and I can't wait any longer else I might not have a computer period till I get a new card.

aZn_plyR said:
Well just pulled the trigger on a Sapphire X1900XT 512mb card for $325 shipped after shipping and tax. California + tax = SUCKS. But O well, it was only $20 ... :(

New Jersey + tax = also sucks

But I pulled the trigger on the x1900xt 256mb for $239 and ended up actually paying $262 with shipping+tax... tax really sucks, should have been $245...

If your looking for a single card solution with no intrest of pairing down the road. Get the 1900XT at it is slightly better than the 7900GT. Not by a huge margain as some will make you believe. Has an overall Image Quailty advantage & the ability to do AA + HDR simutainlously. The 7900GT is the clear choice if you want to pair cards down the road. SLI kicks crossfire in the nuts hard.

-DarkLegacy

dont get the 256mb version of the x1900XT at newegg.com ...

Chiefvalue is the same thing as newegg, ships from same warehouse, and they have it for $239 NO MIR.

Thanks for the replies all, I ended up ordering the EVGA 7900GS KO, looks like it might OC pretty good, and I'm just really sick of ATI and the problems I've had. Haven't owned a Nvidia card since the GF3 days, so we shall see.

Back