• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

22" widescreen vs 24" widescreen

DarkCyber

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
1,273
Ok, I have a Dell 2100FP lcd monitor now and I'm looking at getting a widescreen. I love Dell 2100FP, but wanted to know if there is that much difference between a 22" and 24" widescreen?

I'm looking at getting a SAMSUNG 225BW Black 22" for $379.00 + tax or a a Dell 2407WFP for $641.79 total price. The Samsung is about $300.00 cheaper...so does the extra 2" on the 24" make that much of a difference?
 
Tutelary said:
24inch lcds are 1920x1200
the 22s are 1680x1050

that being said, the 22s seem to strike a nice balance between size and resolution.

Well yes price is better but resolution is not. 1920x1080 is standard hdtv resolution (1080p) so if you want watch video on you monitor then 24" is better. I think also font size on 24" is very good (especially if coming from 17" 1280x1024 that has almost exactly same font size).
 
jriihi said:
Well yes price is better but resolution is not. 1920x1080 is standard hdtv resolution (1080p) so if you want watch video on you monitor then 24" is better. I think also font size on 24" is very good (especially if coming from 17" 1280x1024 that has almost exactly same font size).

Only you arent getting 1920x1080, you're getting 1920x1200, and you then have to listen to people bitch about most(all?) current 24inch monitors lacking 1:1 pixel mapping. I didnt really need a lesson in resolution. Watching video is what the tv is for, btw.

Post all the black friday madness, I got my 225BWs for $210 each after $40 coupons, a $30 pricing mistake at CC, instant and mail in rebates...

That simply cant be beaten.
 
Tutelary...wow! Nice price there. Did you buy it online or at the store?

Well, I watch an occasional video on my pc. I also transfer some of my recorded tv shows from my Tivo to watch on there as well. But my biggest thing is gaming. I just didn't know if there was enough difference between those two to justify spending the extra $300.00 for the Dell 24" over the Samsung 22". That's $150.00 for each extra inch... :D
 
DarkCyber said:
Tutelary...wow! Nice price there. Did you buy it online or at the store?

Well, I watch an occasional video on my pc. I also transfer some of my recorded tv shows from my Tivo to watch on there as well. But my biggest thing is gaming. I just didn't know if there was enough difference between those two to justify spending the extra $300.00 for the Dell 24" over the Samsung 22". That's $150.00 for each extra inch... :D

that was in store. I myself couldnt justify the price differential for a 24inch set, you're quite right, its rather expensive.
 
I think 24" will be mainstream in a while. Would everbody advice to draw the measurments of the monitors on a big peace of paper....that's what I did to make the first prediction/statement. I am only wondering is there also a difference in detectable raster points between 22" & 24" cause I don't like to see even a glimpse of dedectable raster points? Hate that! It should be the same but donnow?

And expensive 24" donnow Eizo FlexScan S2410W Euro1100,-. BenQ FP241W/bf also Euro 1000,-

- Dot Pitch 0.27 mm - 1,000:1 - 450 cd/m - 8 ms
- In our DVD test, the level of detail was impressive
- Put on a decent show for Far Cry, the overdrive circuit (which improves grey-to-grey response) worked in the real world, as we didn't notice much blurring; only slight jittering was noticeable on fast mouse movements.
- There are saturation, gamma, gain and hue controls, and you can even fine-tune hue and saturation for individual colours.

Contrast Ratio 1,000:1 Aspect Ratio 16:10
Max. Resolution 1920 x 1200
Brightness 450 cd/m
Response Time 8 ms
Dot Pitch 0.27 mm
Color Depth 24-bit (16.7M Colors) Viewable Picture Size 24.1 in.
Technical Features Form Factor Desktop Digital Video Input Standard Dual DVI-I Resolutions supported 1024 x 768 • 1280 x 1024 • 1680 x 1050 • 1920 x 1200 • 640 x 480 • 720 x 400 • 800 x 600 Synchronization Range - Vertical 49 - 86 Hz Synchronization Range - Horizontal 24 - 94 kHz Max. Viewing Angle - Horizontal 178 Max. Viewing Angle - Vertical 178 Native (Recommended) Resolution 1920 x 1200

I think the quality 19" and 20" are very expensive around Euro 600 - 800.

Except maybe the 19" Eizo FlexScan S1961 Euro 550,- with an impressive 1500:1 contrast ratio, 13/7ms b2b
 
Back
Top