22" Widescreen LCDs

theTIK

Gawd
I am looking into buying a 22" widescreen LCD... I would like to buy it from newegg... it seems that all their 22" widescreens are 5ms and seem to be very close to eachother... they range from $300-$380... All the reviews seem to be about just as good as eachother as well... should I save the money and get one of the cheaper ones like the CHIMEI or one of the more expensive ones like the SAMSUNG?

I don't know a whole lot on the subject or about the different features so I was hoping you guys could help me out.

List of 22" Widescreens on Newegg

From what I heard from users, they are pleased with the image quality of the Chimei 22". Right now, it's $299 on Newegg. Man for that price, it's worth getting. 22" is a good all around size. Sometimes...you can't tell a 22" and a 24" size difference at glance. However, 19" and 22" you can noticeablely tell. Also, since that is not much in cost, down the line you may want a 27" LCD. By then, when you do, prices will be more reasonable for those sizes.

From what I heard from users, they are pleased with the image quality of the Chimei 22". Right now, it's $299 on Newegg. Man for that price, it's worth getting. 22" is a good all around size. Sometimes...you can't tell a 22" and a 24" size difference at glance. However, 19" and 22" you can noticeablely tell. Also, since that is not much in cost, down the line you may want a 27" LCD. By then, when you do, prices will be more reasonable for those sizes.

I agree. I own a Chimei 17" and it has been fantastic for the years that I've had it (was the cheapest 17" LCD at the time also).

If you're intent on dropping $300-380 for a 22" LCD then I'd seriously consider waiting until the new batch of 22" LCDs to hit the market. Samsung's new 226BW is just about to hit the shelves and I think it's a safe bet to say it will be qualitatively superior to the 225BW which I believe it will eventually replace.

I'm not entirely sure if the new Samsungs are based on LG's new 22" TN panel with it's improved contrast settings or whether this is another 'new' TN panel from a different manufacturer (or possibly one of Samsung's own design).

Initially the 226BW will weigh in at prices over $380 but when you consider the prevalence of sales specials, internet deals and the fact that the 225BW will eventually be discontinued then a street price of $380 shouldn't be too far off.

If you're intent on dropping $300-380 for a 22" LCD then I'd seriously consider waiting until the new batch of 22" LCDs to hit the market. Samsung's new 226BW is just about to hit the shelves and I think it's a safe bet to say it will be qualitatively superior to the 225BW which I believe it will eventually replace.

I'm not entirely sure if the new Samsungs are based on LG's new 22" TN panel with it's improved contrast settings or whether this is another 'new' TN panel from a different manufacturer (or possibly one of Samsung's own design).

Initially the 226BW will weigh in at prices over $380 but when you consider the prevalence of sales specials, internet deals and the fact that the 225BW will eventually be discontinued then a street price of $380 shouldn't be too far off.

Ya after reading these forums and the backlight bleeding problems I think I am going to wait for either the 226BW or the LG... which one do you think will be better?

Ya after reading these forums and the backlight bleeding problems I think I am going to wait for either the 226BW or the LG... which one do you think will be better?

Difficult to say. I haven't seen a single official or unofficial review (in English) about these new monitors. I'm new to the LCD scene (just got a Viewsonic VX2235 last December) and am not really familiar with LG's tech but based on Samsung's recent track record in LCDs and the positive feedback from its latest generation of LCDs I think the 226BW should be pretty solid.

We can at least hope that the backlight issues that plague the current 20/22" TN panel lot have been improved upon in the new panels. If not then improved contrast settings are always welcome.

I don't see the Dell's new 22" monitor as a kick ass deal. I think it's a normal price for a value display.

The new Samsung using the LG panel? Can anyone confirm if its color reproduction is better than current 22" using the Chimei panels?

Well I know the 226BW is out now because it is at Circuit City. I'm either going to get the 226BW or the LG 204WT. I have a Viewsonic VX924 now and want something bigger and better in widescreen.

ok ive been reading up on this samsung but everyone seems to be tearing ALL 22'' TNs apart.

Is this better than any other 22'' in its price range of 370?

I like my westinghouse lcm 22w2 I have had it for 2 months now. The only thing that bothers me is when I first boot the backlight is pretty noticable but after windows starts I don't see it at all even on dark movies

I gave up on 22's after trying several Gateways. Traded it for a Viewsonic 20" 2035wm. Very happy. Much better image quality, and plenty big enough.

Back