• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

22 vs 24? what do ya think

Bman123

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 19, 2007
Messages
5,086
Well I am gonna have some cash to blow so I fiure I will get a new monitor.
You see the rig in my sig.I can get a new video card and spend $200 on that.
Will I be able to run a 22 or 24 with my 8800gt or should I get a new video card?
I have $600 total for the upgrade video card and monitor what should I do.
 
Jump on a 24" because if you don't get it you will regret it, the BenQ G2400WD is only $400 at the egg. Try gaming on your 8800GT with it and if your unhappy with the performance get a 4850 or a 4870.
 
Personally I found the 24" a little too big for my comfort, so 22" was perfect for me. Add to it the fact that a 8800GT will probably struggle a bit at 1920 x 1200.

So for me, I'd get a decent 22" and a 4870 along with it for that amount of money. You can comfortably turn on all the eye candy without ever worrying about it.
 
I have a 8800GTS320 (less powerful than your card) and can run BF2 at 1920x1200 and have very playable frame rates of 40-60. It really depends on what games you play. If you play anything made in the last year or so then it might be a little underpowered but if you play games that are older then you should be just fine.
 
Back
Top