22" Glossy

yeah right. the HP one uses a Samsung panel, the lg has their own semi decent one.
 
Is that an affirmative yeah right or a mocking yeah right?

Which is better of Samsung or LG panel?
 
LG 227WTG is better :)

X1 Great monitor, I almost bought one but the room I have my system in has a large window directly behind me so I opted for the Samsung 2253bw with a matte scren instead. The LG is an awesome display though.
 
Slªde, answering your question I would recommend you to visit TestFreaks, choose monitors category and sort models by score. Such way you'll see which 22" monitor has the best score based on expert and user reviews from all over the world.
http://www.testfreaks.com/monitors/?sort=score

Currenly the best score has Samsung Syncmaster 2232BW - 9.5 out of 10 based on reviews from 85 sources in 24 countries.
 
Hmm, so the LG 227WTG is $340 (pickup), $355 shipped.

Isn't that a bit high for a 22 or is this thing clearly better and worth it?
 
I had a Samsung 2232GW and traded it for the L227WTG. I feel great relief that I got the LG, it is a better monitor. I also tried a 2253bw, and a Westinghouse L2410NM S-MVA. The Westinghouse had great display for desktop items, but terrible crushed blacks in movies and games, not to mention multiple dead pixels, a terrible menu system, and a created more BTUs then my furnace.

The Samsungs were not bad, but I didn't like the matte finish, the menu options were limited, and the design on the 2232gw didn't really jive with me.

Reading that the L227WTG had zero input lag, and superior color display, I had to go and try one. By far the best looking LCD I've tried so far, in both style and display. I was cynical of LG going into the market place, but after reading some reviews and trying it myself, I am a new fan.

Edit: a few other things: I hear those samsung models are subject to panel lotteries. If you have a problem with such things I suggest avoiding them.
 
Back
Top