213T & VP201 Screen Door & Dead Pixel

swinchen

Weaksauce
Hi Everyone,

It seems like on a lot of reviews of the 213T I read they mention that the screen has 1 or 2 dead pixels. The reviews I read of the VP201 none of them have found a dead pixel.

Is the Samsung screen of lower quality or more likely to have deffective pixels?

Also on the review of VP201 here I have heard a lot of people talking about the screen door effect being a problem, something that doesnt seem to effect the 213T as badly. The pixel pitch on the VP201 is smaller though, so it seems like the VP201 shoudl have less of a scree n door effect. If anyone can shed any light on these topics it would be appreciated, thanks.

You should both check out the VP201 thread that is going on in this forum...there is TONS of info about both monitors and answers to both your questions.

I have the VP201 and the screendoor effect is as present in this monitor as it is in any of the other monitors I've seen, it's just a matter of how close you sit to the monitor and thus user mileage will vary.

I do have 1 dead pixel on my VP201B though, so it does happen. I'm completely satisfyed with the VP201 though, awesome monitor!

Back