• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

213t Impressions [pics]

paladin0

Gawd
Joined
May 9, 2001
Messages
632
I got my Samsung 213t yesterday. I ordered it from dell last friday, I paid 1167 total. The packaging was deceptively small, but when fully deployed this thing is huge. It almost seemed ridiculous. This monitor definitely has better image quality than the 2001fp. The first thing I looked for was the screen door effect, after all that’s the only reason I didnt keep the 2001fp. There is no screen door to be seen. Also the 213t has no dead pixels, vs the 6 and 11 found on my two 2001fps.

The color didn’t seem quite right when I first set it up. So I went to the OSD to change it, but all the color options are grayed out. Instead color is set though a software tool Samsung included making it easy and fast to configure the color.

The last main thing I wanted to check out was ghosting. I fired up ut2k4 and I noticed quite a bit of ghosting. After a few minutes it became less apparent but it was still there. Later I tried the "Reduce DVI frequency on high resolution displays” in the ATI control panel, because I remember reading somewhere that this could help. I believe this reduced the ghosting quite a bit. I noticed it a lot less after checking that setting.

Over all I am happy with my new monitor it’s a keeper


Here are the pics as promised:

213t-1.jpg

Next to my compter it doesn’t look so big

213t-2.jpg

Closer shot no flash a littlie blurry sorry I didn’t want to get the tripod out

213t-3.jpg

Next to my friends viewsonic 17” LCD for some scale

At 1600x1200 my 9800pro definitely struggles a bit in some games. I really shouldnt spend any money on my computer for a while after this though. Well see how long that holds out for :).
 
i have a silver pc60 with a modded rheobus and a modded crystalfontz display also.

lol.

i just bought and setup (today) a 2001fp. was only 849 shipped, ill get some pics up tomorrow. i really wanted the 213t everyone loves them.
 
LOL....Its funny.Everyone says the same thing when they take their 213T out of the box."This thing is huge!"

That being said...I dont see the reduce frequency option anywhere in the ATI control panel.Can you give me a specific location?
 
Did it help any? I really believe it helped reduce the ghosting in my case a significant ammount. Maybe i was just getting used to it though, ghosting is so subjective.
 
paladin0 said:
Did it help any? I really believe it helped reduce the ghosting in my case a significant ammount. Maybe i was just getting used to it though, ghosting is so subjective.

Reducing DVI frequency will not affect ghosting at all. It reduces the frequency of the DVI transmitter if you're getting artifacts due to signal noise. It usually must be checked for displays running at 1600x1200 and above anyway.
 
OMFG!!!!, I have the same Max Payne mouse pad on my desk. I use it with my MX510. :D

Cheap mouse padz rule!!!
 
saintrobyn said:
OMFG!!!!, I have the same Max Payne mouse pad on my desk. I use it with my MX510. :D

Cheap mouse padz rule!!!
lol hey its a good pad why get a new one.
 
Back
Top