2100+ Pally @1.840Vcore at deafult BIOS setting... WTF!?

Frank_Fuster

Limp Gawd
Hello. My uncle gave ma as a present a 2100+ XP Palomino proc he had lying around to replace my aged 1.2GHZ DUron. My mobo is a Gigabyte GA7VT600L. I know I cant do practically any overclocking with this board, but that is not the problem.

The problem is the proc defaults to 1.84V all the time. Dropping to 1.820v now and then. I have extremely frequent crashes, and the proc runs at 47C at idle. I dont know what default voltage of a pally is, but a friend told me it was supposed to be 1.80V.

The stepping code of the proc is:
AX2100DMT3C
AGOIA 0215SPKW

Is it normal for pallys to run at this voltage or is there something seriously wrong with this proc? I am an intel man and I'm asking this in behalf of my kid brother to which the comp belongs to, so I'm a bit unexperienced with the system.

My uncle had used the proc for some overclocking experiments, but I checked out the die itself and the surrounding packaging(Which is green colored) and there appears to be nothing wrong. Any help AT ALL will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,
I don't think 0.04 volts is going to make a processor continously lock up. 47 is not that bad even at idlle, but temp probes in mobos are not that reliable.

Try a better cooler.
Try also to underclock to see if it improves the lock ups.
Ask your uncle if he had any problems at all.

Back