21" - 22" CRT's

DRB

n00b
I'm looking to get a new monitor for an upcoming gaming rig that I'm planning on purchasing soon.All the issues concerning LCD's are scaring me away from them although I thought that I had found the "perfect" one in the HP L2065 but when I read the thread about it and the panel lottery issues I'am not so sure.I currently own a Viewsonic P95fb 19" which is still doing well,but I want to upgrade. There are 4 models which Iam interested in and would appreciate any feedback on them. They are -
1. Viewsonic G225fb
2. HP P1230
3. IBM P275
4. Samsung 1100MB
I've read the thread about the HP vs. IBM and it was enlightening. I've also read reviews on the G225fb and it seems to be ok.The Samsung looks intriguing but I cant find much info on it.Again, any thoughts,feedback,info would be greatly appreciated.

No competition, the P1230 or P275. Both tubes have a better track record than the viewsonic "G" series or any of the samsung tubes, especially the samsung tubes which have bad track records overall, even the 1100. The viewsonic "G" series tubes have a better track record than the samsungs, but probably not by much imho, they tended to go blurry pretty fast and was considered viewsonics lower end series (the "P" professional series was higher-end and more reliable from what i've gathered). I've read enough complaints about the G series so i'm not comfortable with them personally. Of course i could be totally wrong, and results can vary A LOT, just summarizing everything i've read over the years (and i've had an interest in CRT monitors for quite awhile ;))

The P1230 (2070sb rebrand) and P275 are high-end aperture-grill CRT's in every sense of the word.

Ive never been a fan of Shadow mask CRTs which leaves only the HP & IBM left on the list, Both are good monitors with basicaly the same resolution specs but I'd probably go for the HP being it has the various "Superbright" modes.

I could sell you a 2070SB two years old right now. Mitsubishi :) I need to liquidate it to get the Planar 26....

While still a high quality CRT monitor, the FE2111SB is a lower end unit than the P1230 and P275, have a higher failure rate, and also costs more. The P1230 and P275 that the OP proposed are also brand new btw.

OP check your PM's

Who is still selling them brand new??

Back