20th Anniversary B-2 Bomber Bike

HardOCP News

[H] News
You are either going to love the 20th Anniversary B-2 Bomber bike or hate it. The bike was made in celebration of the 20th anniversary of the B-2 Stealth Bomber and, if you ask me, it is awesome looking. It’d be even better if it had radar evading skills like the plane has but you can’t have everything.

Northrop Grumman will feature the Stealth Bike at B-2 20th anniversary events throughout 2009 including social events, trade shows, and air shows. One of the highlighted events will be a B-2 first flight re-enactment ceremony in July in Palmdale, Calif., site of the original B-2 production and first flight.

thats one ugly hunk of crap bike. They shoulda used a Jap bike or a better design, that one is laughable.

I'm all for stuff that take inspiration from military hardware, but that bike looks just awful. I mean, is there supposed to be a miniture bomber crew behind the cockpit window?

Would have been much cooler if they would have been a more conceptual "stealthy" design in the vein of the B-2.

Is this one of those jokey OCC "theme bikes"? I used to watch that show until I realized Junior was a total hack.

Putting the cockpit on the gastank and painting it blue does not a custom bike make....
Oh and is there a reason why people are still bothering with those old pos bikes/frames? Try riding a modern sportsbike, thats what riding a motorcycle was meant to be, how many of you stilll compute on a commodore 64?
lol

Is this one of those jokey OCC "theme bikes"? I used to watch that show until I realized Junior was a total hack.

^^^^ What they said, Pauly is the bosses son, nuff said. The other dudes in the shop especially Rick have way more skills.

Back OT, yeah that is a pretty fugly bike.

Blah. Horrible bike. No originality. Might as well be all plastic with stickers

Putting the cockpit on the gastank and painting it blue does not a custom bike make....
Oh and is there a reason why people are still bothering with those old pos bikes/frames? Try riding a modern sportsbike, thats what riding a motorcycle was meant to be, how many of you stilll compute on a commodore 64?
lol

Considering that the frame probably came bare (without mounts), all the components needed to be mounted manually and that all the body panels and gas tank were constructed from flat pieces of metal, I would definitely classify it as a custom chopper. Albeit, a butt ugly custom chopper!

Some people still prefer the looks and feel of the older style of bikes (with v-twin engines). I have both a cruiser (v-twin) and a in-line 4; each has its own purpose. Try ridding a “sport bike” 1200 miles in a single day and you will know what I mean...

No, you have to say it like these guys do:

my.php

HATED IT!

It's no rice burner at least, I said when I saw the pic(without clicking on the links) that the bike must be one made by OCC, I then clicked on the link and yep OCC popped up(so to speak), Like them or not, They do make good bikes. :) Too expensive for Me of course. :D

Meh.. first thing I thought... great Northrop paid the OCC guys $100k for a "themed" bike... seriously who gives a fuck about a bike in front of a bad ass bomber?! Oooh look here we have a half billion dollar bomber that can lay waste to any site in the world within a couple days.... plus a bike with a gas tank that looks like the cockpit portion of the plane!

I have lost all respect for OCC. I live in upstate NY and their store is 5 min from my house, their shop is about 10mins away. Living in a locale so close to them, you REALLY get to see what they are like. My sister and older cousin used ot go to school with Paul Jr. and I graduated high school with Cody, who was on the show for a while. The only decent one from the family is Mikey. The other guys like Rick, Cody and especially Vinny (last 2 no longer with them) are also nice guys and down to earth.

We used to see Vinny all the time in our local shoprite chit-chat with him, which he didn't mind since he knows some of the family. Try to do that with Paul Sr. or Jr. They think they are above anyone and have shit coming to them. There are so many things the non-NY viewer doesn't know about them, which is why so many do/used to praise them. Live near them for a bit and then lets just see how "great" they really seem.

Oh and after that rant, the bike is...meh.

Looks like a Stormtrooper got freaky with a dolphin in the back of a car that was in a train wreck.

I wish one of those shops would revolutionize the bike industry and not make a joke of it. :(

I think it's hideous. Seriously... a plane cabin on a bike? The rest of the bike doesn't look bad, except no muffler? I'm not sure if it would sound horrible with a muffler, but it's suposed to be stealth.. not I can hear you 5 blocks away. I also don't like the wheels, too much flash for "stealth"

This week on Scrapheap Challenge your task is to build a 'Stealth Bike :p'

They jumped the shark when Vinnie left. It's over for The American Chopper TV series they just don't know it yet, or they know it but now they have to pay for the new "shop"

Back