2080 and 2080 ti show up on the FFXV Benchmark Charts

Derangel

Fully [H]
Square Enix recently updated the FFXV Benchmark scores to show the 2080 and 2080 ti in some of the charts. They're not in every chart, but they do appear in some of the 1440 and 4K charts.

In all charts it is is, the 2080 ti is at the top. It beats the Titan V in every test. The 2080 sits between the 1080 ti and the Titan Xp.

Charts to take note of:

2560x1400 Standard quality
2560x1440 High Quality
3840x2160 Standard Quality
3840x2160 High Quality

Since these are just scores and not numbers here is what SE says the scores mean in terms of gameplay. From my experience the numbers chart is semi-accurate. The base game definitely runs better than the benchmark, but it at least gives a loose estimate of how things will pan out.

So, at 4K, that makes the 2080 about 4% faster than the 1080Ti and the 2080ti about 31% faster than the 1080Ti.

They are more than likely using the Founders Editions of all three cards which tips the numbers in favour of the new cards.

So, at 4K, that makes the 2080 about 4% faster than the 1080Ti and the 2080ti about 31% faster than the 1080Ti.

They are more than likely using the Founders Editions of all three cards which tips the numbers in favour of the new cards.

Looks that way since the 1080ti is lower than the Titan Xp.

Looks that way since the 1080ti is lower than the Titan Xp.

Well, we know the FE 1080Ti Throttles. We also know the FE editions of the 2xxx cards are overclocked.

I know we are still guessing, but, doesn't that put Tom Petersen's figures pretty much spot on? That the 2080 will be roughly on par with the 1080ti and the 2080ti 35 to 45% faster? With bigger gains to come from new games using DLSS.

Well, we know the FE 1080Ti Throttles. We also know the FE editions of the 2xxx cards are overclocked.

I know we are still guessing, but, doesn't that put Tom Petersen's figures pretty much spot on? That the 2080 will be roughly on par with the 1080ti and the 2080ti 35 to 45% faster? With bigger gains to come from new games using DLSS.

Given pricing, that's more or less how I figured it'd go down. 2080 ~= 1080 Ti, except you have some new features you may or may not be able to play with, depending on game support and fps. 2080 Ti ungodly performance at Titan-level pricing.

Basically. I just have no idea what the 2080ti is being tested at though. It’s a huge die and might actually benefit from something like the FTW edition cooling. If they aren’t tweaking the fan curves and power limits there might be something left on the table. The base TDP is pretty much the same as the 1080ti but it’s die is 50% larger. But maybe without RT or DLSS active it’s not throttling anyways.

This is one reason I didn’t preorder... need some OC reviews. You can also get screwed preordering by the order being “in process” for days while stores have it actually in stock.

If the 2080Ti is that much faster than a 1080Ti @ 4k/60Hz I'll definitely buy one, but I have my doubts...

If the 2080Ti is that much faster than a 1080Ti @ 4k/60Hz I'll definitely buy one, but I have my doubts...
You say that as if you're impressed with 30% increase in performance? Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me because instead of even giving you that modest 30% for around the same money they are now charging about 80% more than the previous card. This is going to go down in history as one of the worst ranges of cards ever released for the money. Oh yeah but I guess you can play with Ray tracing on if you want to run at a lowly 1080p...

Dont want to stray from the topic, but the last chart i saw a strange gpu>quadro p5500sp that looks to be more powerfull than a 2080.I my self am waiting for the rtx5000 which is a 2080 so i have no idea what this p5500sp is.
Any ideas?
I know that there were mobile quadros that are like m5500 and p5000q.So my bet is for a twin pascal quadro p5000 gpu.

The 2080 non-Ti is really not doing as well as I'd have hoped. Not at all. I finally ordered today... since I don't even have a real gaming card at the moment. But I'm really feeling like I've paid a whole lot of a premium over a 1080 Ti for not much. Hopefully DLSS, drivers and some future ray tracing make this worth it.

(Yes, I know, why did I do that... well I sold my 1080 and it doesn't make sense to eat my losses buying a 1080Ti. Might as well move up to current gen from here and cross my fingers.)

The 2080 non-Ti is really not doing as well as I'd have hoped. Not at all. I finally ordered today... since I don't even have a real gaming card at the moment. But I'm really feeling like I've paid a whole lot of a premium over a 1080 Ti for not much. Hopefully DLSS, drivers and some future ray tracing make this worth it.

(Yes, I know, why did I do that... well I sold my 1080 and it doesn't make sense to eat my losses buying a 1080Ti. Might as well move up to current gen from here and cross my fingers.)
I was considering 2080 too but then I thought that I might as well buy fastest consumer GPU ever made (until some "Titan XD" comes out or something with all multiprocessors block enabled) for relatively at this point not that much more money.

You say that as if you're impressed with 30% increase in performance? Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me because instead of even giving you that modest 30% for around the same money they are now charging about 80% more than the previous card. This is going to go down in history as one of the worst ranges of cards ever released for the money. Oh yeah but I guess you can play with Ray tracing on if you want to run at a lowly 1080p...
NV predicted demand would be way higher than demand if they put human price on these cards so they put price more to their likings...

If you had virtual monopoly on gaming GPU market, and absolute monopoly on RT-capable GPU's with TPU then would you make more money or less money (and then hear complaints on chip shortages...)?

Besides, if someone does not care for RT and is for market for cards with better performance/price ratio then market will be flooded with cheaper older generation cards in 3... 2.. 1..

BTW. This looks pretty mighty:
Kj8rwOR.jpg

That puts the 2080ti at 31% faster than the 1080ti. Is that mighty? For normal games it's nothing that special. Like the 980ti was 50%+ faster than the 780Ti and there was no die shrink involved at all.
Some new generation of GPUs bring more features, some more performance... this time what increased the most is the price :unsure:

But who really cares? This thing is giving Titan V run for its money :cool::cigar:

Back