2070SB CRT Monitor With 50,000 Hours

Hey all. I acquired one of these beauties as exchange for labor. It is in perfect working condition however it has a ton of hours on it. It fires right up and look amazing. I found this cool test thanks to this website and I am able to notice the difference in blacks immediately from #1 to #2 so I presume this is a great sign. SB modes #1 and #2 look great whilst viewing media.

It is the case that I'll be parting ways with it as I need the cash at the moment however I want to make sure the buyer is going to have an item that they will last them a good amount of time. Is it possible to have another 50k before parts of it go bad? My Uncle said it was always on (ouch!) whilst his PC went to sleep. I'm unsure what this means. If a PC goes to sleep, shouldn't the CRT also then go into standby thus not counting against its power on count? It seems more likely a screen-saver was on which would mean the PC was also on. No burn-in that I can tell anywhere on the display.

If anything, I've noted a stark difference between utilizing an LED display VS a CRT: The CRT takes some getting used to for my eyes. I'm not exactly sure how to describe it. It's not that it ''flickers'' it's just that it... I guess it's like comparing apples to oranges. :)

The thing that I obviously appreciate the most in it is the quality of the blacks/greys. Anyways... Thanks for any potential insight!

*EDIT*

She has 52,030H TOTAL
5424H ON

Does this mean total accounts for sleep/standby? If this is true, 5K seems pretty darned good.

*EDIT*

She has 52,030H TOTAL
5424H ON

Does this mean total accounts for sleep/standby? If this is true, 5K seems pretty darned good.
I would probably venture to guess that you're correct. 5000 hours isn't too bad at all. Congratulations. Beautiful CRT's are well... Beautiful. :)

5k is amazing dude. This tube is going to last you a long time as long as the flyback hangs in there.

Blacks aren't the only major advantage to CRT

Motion clarity is even more important. But you gotta use some type of Vsync method to keep your frame rate matched to the refresh rate.

Low lag methods:
Latent Sync in Special K
Scanline Sync in RTSS
Or standard v-sync with a frame limiter set to refresh rate or 0.003% below

5k is amazing dude. This tube is going to last you a long time as long as the flyback hangs in there.
Not to rain on the parade, because 5K hours of usage is definitely nice. I would just be mindful of the 50K hours it spent in standby. Vito always recommended not to let the CRT's standby but power off, as the monitor still keeps some of the circuitry in operation, ready to "pounce" and wake the monitor up, so to speak.

All I mean is - livinglight you may set your expectations on having to fix a circuit board down the road. Otherwise don't worry about the mule going blind - just load the wagon and have fun.

Back