• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

204b vs viewsonic vx2025

Just picked up a 204b a week ago ... nice monitor, But why would you order 1 that someone else didn't want just to save ...what? $27 ..... order new from Newegg with free shipping and rebate. Wish I had waited
 
I have a 204b. It is a good monitor. The black levels are so-so and mine has some backlight leakage around the edges, nothing too bad. The image is bright and I've never noticed ghosting in games. It's a great gaming monitor. I'm thinking about buying a second.
 
I liked the 204B so much I have 2 now sitting on my desk. Awesome gaming monitors.
 
I have a 204b, and my backlighting is a little uneven. There is slight leakage around the corners and its slightly brighter in the middle. However its only noticble on a completely black background. For the price, like $320 right now, it can't be beat. I'm also not a fan of all these widescreen monitors etc, so I really like the monitor. Sure widescreen helps for movies and gaming, somewhat, but if you use ur pc for work, to get the vertical res of this monitor you have to get a 24" lcd and pay 2-3x as much.
 
who has any experience with newegg openbox lcd's b/c its 70 dollors cheaper for the vx2025
 
easy choice ... get the viewsonic. i've seen both in person and the viewsonic is a better choice.
 
who has any experience with newegg openbox lcd's and thanks icetray i probboly will get the viewsonic i just need to also know about how good lcd open boxes are on the egg
 
i found a post with some info about newegg's open box policy etc. ... it seems they will accept a return within 15 days of you receiving it, so it's your call on whether you want an open-box or a brand new one. hope this helps. :)

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/trust-newegg-open-box-ftopict190583.html

here is another link ... scroll down to the post by Pauldh for a pretty good synopsis on buying an open-box item.

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/newegg-openbox-safe-ftopict190418.html
 
I have been using my VX2025 for about month now and love it. I know some people say things about the backlight bleeding but honestly I can only see it when there is no video going to it and dont really notice at all in anything I do with it. I do game alot on mine and it looks awesome IMO. One thing that does need to be run with games though is Vsync otherwise the tearing is awfull. I dont have any experience with the other monitor but I can easily reccommend the Viewsonic one.
 
I had one...returned it today for a VX2025...why?

Banding - not too bad, but it helped me make a final decision.
backlight bleeding wasn't too bad - had no real effect on me.

Scaling - does not handle anything below 1600x1200 very well. Text looked horrendous...I only have a 7800GT so I can't always push 1600x1200...esp not in oblivion...

Tearing. My old Sony XDM-S73 LCD never had any issues with tearing...to the point had never seen tearing until now...the Samsung 204B had TERRIBLE tearing issues in any FPS, so bad that this is what made me return it. Even if the other issues had not been present, I would very likley returned it still.

I tried V-Sync and triple buffering, and while they did fix it, it meant my framerate was limited to 60 or below....and when you hit 30 FPS in CS:S, it starts to feel really jerky.

I've got a VX2025 sitting next to me right now...can't wait to get it home.
 
im not sure, but i would bet the VX will have a 60Hz refresh rate as well so expect the same tearing...
 
Budwise said:
im not sure, but i would bet the VX will have a 60Hz refresh rate as well so expect the same tearing...
Eh? I thought refresh rates have no bearing on LCD performance. Wasn't this refresh rate in crt replaced by response time in lcd?
 
refresh rate doesnt apply to LCD tech only CRT. LCD uses pixel response time. On my VX I had tearing pretty bad in Prey but not in other games. Enabled Vsync in Prey and it went away.
 
Blauman said:
refresh rate doesnt apply to LCD tech only CRT. LCD uses pixel response time. On my VX I had tearing pretty bad in Prey but not in other games. Enabled Vsync in Prey and it went away.

QTF. I enabled Vsync and it helps like 90%+ of the time, not completely gone some times though.
 
Budwise said:
im not sure, but i would bet the VX will have a 60Hz refresh rate as well so expect the same tearing...

Between my two games installed right now, BF2 and CS:S, I saw no tearing...no need for V-Sync...yay!

Since someone said Prey is bad, I'll DL the demo and give it a shot.
 
i'm trying to make the choice btw the two also. haven't seen either one yet. gonna go to circuit city and do that in the next couple days. and the vx2025 is only $10 more at circuit than on newegg. and you don't have to wait for it to be shipped :)
 
newegg has tax, at least for me it does. I got my VX2025 for somthing like $360 shipped. Got the monitor in one day and only paid for 3 day shipping. Love the egg and love the monitor.
 
Back
Top