2020 OLED monitor thread

I'd argue the problem is less burn-in and actual suitability at the sizes OLED is available in... 55" is just wayyyy too big for most desktop scenarios, unless you're sat well back. It's really only viable in lounge gaming set-ups currently. Even LG's upcoming 48" OLED only halfway solves the problem, with a 91 PPI which is worse than a 32" 1440p monitor... so again, viewing distance comes in to play massively if you want that 4K sharpness.

And of course, we also have the lack of HDMI 2.1 on GPUs to take advantage of anything more than 60Hz... by the time we get such GPUs, better OLEDs and monitors should be available.

All in all, we live in very frustrating times. :grumpy:

Definitely. I don't know why they think 48" is somehow a more acceptable size. 40" would be closer to a desktop or small apartment friendly size. It's like every year the thing you truly want is coming in the future so if you need a monitor now you have to settle for something with its own set of flaws.

Definitely. I don't know why they think 48" is somehow a more acceptable size.

I mean, it's still a TV. They're not designing it for desktop use. Nobody with more than $500 to spend on a TV has any interest in the 40" size no matter how small their apartment is.

Back