2015 Dell XPS 13 question about Windows 7

the_servicer

2[H]4U
The new Dell XPS 13 portable looks pretty nice. The prices look ever better.

But is it available with Windows 7?

At this point, unless you're under strict orders from your employer to run Windows 7, just use Windows 8.1. I'd be surprised if the latest Intel chips and other new technologies even have Windows 7 drivers. Tell it to boot to the classic desktop and sit tight for Windows 10 when it arrives later this year!

I understand the Broadwell-based HP EliteBook units will be available with Windows 7. Just thought it would be worth asking if Dell is doing the same. (I think EliteBook is a lot more expensive though.)

Why would you want win7 instead of 8.1?

I have had weird experiences with mouse cursor responsiveness under Windows 8.1. Maybe that's something that can be fixed. I also just really like the old interface. Windows 7 feels very dependable overall.

I have had weird experiences with mouse cursor responsiveness under Windows 8.1. Maybe that's something that can be fixed. I also just really like the old interface. Windows 7 feels very dependable overall.

That may be as much a virtue of the particular input device and drivers as anything. From the sounds of the hands-on tests I've seen, the new XPS 13's trackpad works well. As for the interface: Windows 10 is probably showing up in late summer or early fall, so I'm not sure that you'd want to go with an older OS and potentially face a harder time upgrading your software several months later.

I am pretty sure there will be some windows 7 option. Dell does a huge amount of business with companies that demand outdated stuff.

Back