2007wfp pics

i think over time you get used to ghosting and you don't notice it anymore. The 1st time I saw my old LCD it looked unplayable.. but over time I couldn't even see it anymore, this monitor was really bad too, some random argia or something brand.. and i'm sure the response time was in the 30's or around abouts lol

eurin said:
If you have to go through great lengths to find the problem, is it really ... a problem? Atleast one worth returning.
I was just trying to get an idea of the backlight since it was still the early afternoon and really bright in my room even with the blinds shut. I checked the backlight again at night and though it was slightly brighter in the corners there was no bleeding. And infact the backlight was uniform enough to be unnoticeable even with an all black screen in a completely dark room. No lcd backlight is perfect, and I would venture to guess that most people only notice bleeding rather than uniformity issues. White uniformity was okay, you could tell that it was darker around the edges than the center of the screen, but that's pretty normal for an lcd and I seriously doubt it would bother 99% of people since it was pretty good.

Now the reason I am returning mine is not only because of a stuck red and a stuck green pixel, but because my particular 2007wfp is VERY blurry. No matter what connection, cable (tried a 130 dollar dvi cable to make sure), or computer. So as you can see I am not returning it because of a backlight (which I considered to be 10X better than the 2005fpw, and much better than the samsung 215tw), but because my monitor is defective. I think you would return an lcd that's more blurry than a 4 year old crt that you thought was so blurry that you bought your first lcd less than a year after buying the crt because you wanted a sharper image. So yeah the monitor has problems worth returning it over, and if the backlight wasn't acceptable in a dark room I would return it for that too.

Zinn said:
every CRT is like a big flourescent light bulb flickering at a nauseating rate. some people notice it, some don't.
Huh?
Every LCD is a big fluorescent light bulb flickering at a nauseating rate.
They are starting to look better though. I'm going to give one of these 2007s a try.

This is like a pissing contest between a bunch of 4 year olds. No offense, really.

znil78 said:
riiiiigghhhttt that german dude was running when i took the picture. i think that was more of a camera glitch than the screen ghosting. owned? owned yourself lol

a camera glitch? thats why the rest of the screen is NOT blurred, right? LCDs suck for movement, yours ghosts just like any other. If you dont see it, thats fine, but dont say its not there.

people love what they spent money on.

to the guy with the blurry monitor, what resolution is your desktop, and did you auto adjust?

Ignorant comment of the day! ->
Tutelary said:
a camera glitch? thats why the rest of the screen is NOT blurred, right? LCDs suck for movement, yours ghosts just like any other. If you dont see it, thats fine, but dont say its not there.

Honestly, please grow up. LCD's have became far superior in the past few years to what they were once capable of. Being that the background is sharp means nothing. He wasn't saying that its camera shake, it's the shutter speed. Being he was in a dark room I will imagine the shutter speed wasn't fast enough to freeze the little guy running on screen, while his POV was static hence no camera blur.

Please don't argue unless you know what your talking about, and even then, please do us all a favor and don't speak like your knowledge is the end-all.

Edit: I will give it to you that some people will notice a slight blur on the majority of LCD panels, where one person may see no blur, another may be more sensitive and notice a slight one. For the most part this is negligable now-a-days.

n64man120 said:
Ignorant comment of the day! ->

Honestly, please grow up. LCD's have became far superior in the past few years to what they were once capable of. Being that the background is sharp means nothing. He wasn't saying that its camera shake, it's the shutter speed. Being he was in a dark room I will imagine the shutter speed wasn't fast enough to freeze the little guy running on screen, while his POV was static hence no camera blur.

Please don't argue unless you know what your talking about, and even then, please do us all a favor and don't speak like your knowledge is the end-all.

Edit: I will give it to you that some people will notice a slight blur on the majority of LCD panels, where one person may see no blur, another may be more sensitive and notice a slight one. For the most part this is negligable now-a-days.

yet another "I cant see it so its not there" response from the peanut gallery.
I'm an lcd owner, an 8ms samsung 930b. LCDs bluntly suck for gaming, yes, I'm not sorry to say it, and no, you are still completely wrong.
Monitors running into several milliseconds response time simply cant compete with an electron moving a foot and causing phosphor to glow in a crt.
There is no "grow up" to reality. My "opinion" is based on facts.

These endless 'reviews' where the reviewers say "There is absolutely NO GHOSTING" are a bunch of bs, and anyone with their head not stuck in their nether regions knows it. LCDs have their strengths, but gaming is not one of them.

"negligable"...yeah, if you call negligible headache inducing.

my.php

my.php

my.php

@Tutelary yeah riiiiiiiggghhhhhttttttt lcd monitors ghost that bad i guess ill be returning my monitor then??? you know what bluntly sucks? its you.

to everyone else i honestly dont notice any ghosting.

znil78 said:
my.php

my.php

my.php

@Tutelary yeah riiiiiiiggghhhhhttttttt lcd monitors ghost that bad i guess ill be returning my monitor then??? you know what bluntly sucks? its you.

to everyone else i honestly dont notice any ghosting.

funny you took down the picture in question :D
the difference in you wiggling the camera, and the ghosting in question is quite noticeable btw :(

i must admit there might be a bit wiggling on the third picture. since im playing the game while taking the picture. but the first 2 shots are pretty non wiggly.
anyways here are some not so wiggly shots:

my.php

my.php

my.php

i dont see those ghosting when looking directly at the monitor. its what n64man120 said this is a camera issue its not actual ghosting on the monitor.

Hi all,

Just my POV on the "ghosting" photos.

Shutter speed's of utmost importance when taking these photos, due to 2 reasons:
1) Handshake - you handholding the camera
2) Motion Blur due to object movement

These 2 factors may be misviewed as ghosting, which is absolutely not true. My suggestion to remove these 2 factors would be the following:

1) Place the camera onto a tripod, or if not, a steady surface (ie, a table). Set it to fire remotely (via IR, or if not, via timer mode).

2) Set your camera to capture at the highest ISO possible, and try to make sure that your shutter speed is at a minimum of 1/60 or more (more is better, provided you don't underexpose your pictures.) Set your aperture to the fastest one possible (ie, f3.3/2.8?)

Tutelary said:
"negligable"...yeah, if you call negligible headache inducing.

Did I not say some people are more sensitve than others? If gaming on an LCD is headache inducing for you, I'm going to assume you are either in the large minority, have a poor display, or a bit of each.

I am well aware that some people are effected by LCD ghosting still, but majority of the world sees no ghosting.

But guys ... 16ms ??? I want a 2007 but the ms rate is killing me... :(

Had to do a bit of color adjustment on mine, as grays had a bit of a brownish tint to them; no dead or stuck pixels, but backlight bleeding in all four corners. I can deal with that, though.

mine must be a lucky buy. just a tiny bit of backlit bleed on teh upper left corner.

theNoid said:
But guys ... 16ms ??? I want a 2007 but the ms rate is killing me... :(

People may never learn, but you can't judge a TFT by its "ms rate". Right now, I have a rated 20ms panel that I game on every day. I rarely notice any ghosting during the course of play. Even when I do it's not like it is degrading my ability to play. Though I will say 16ms will be a welcome upgrade. :cool:

the@ntipop said:
People may never learn, but you can't judge a TFT by its "ms rate". Right now, I have a rated 20ms panel that I game on every day. I rarely notice any ghosting during the course of play. Even when I do it's not like it is degrading my ability to play. Though I will say 16ms will be a welcome upgrade. :cool:

Well my experience with LCDs is very small ;) I want to upgrade and the 2007WFP is tempting.. but... the 16ms frightens me. Do you have any links that can futher clarify how a 16ms wouldn't cause ghosting... ?

have a read of the extreme review, i think it states that in games there is no noticable ghosting

All those pic links on the fist page are coming up page error in Firefox and in IE7 Beta 2 some wierd writting.

Might just be my pc maybe.

tHoM said:
have a read of the extreme review, i think it states that in games there is no noticable ghosting

ahahahahaha. This is just another case of the people who cant see it saying it doesnt exist. Visual acuity is not the same across the board for all of humanity, its within a range, just like hearing. Some of you cant even spot ghosting on 20+ms screens, when its sending everyone else around you into seizures of video revulsion.

To say it doesnt exist, especially on a screen rated at 16 is absolutely ludicrous.

I didn't say it doesn't exist, of course there will be ghosting, for all LCDs
sheesh, calm down, if you see ghosting bigtime, don't buy this 16ms lcd, simple?
I'll get mine in about 2 weeks time and ill look real close for ghosting for you
I can see ghosting but over time using the LCD I get used to it and forget its there, now seeing as i've been on a CRT for 10 weeks now i should be able to pick up ghosting on an lcd again

Tutelary said:
ahahahahaha. This is just another case of the people who cant see it saying it doesnt exist. Visual acuity is not the same across the board for all of humanity, its within a range, just like hearing. Some of you cant even spot ghosting on 20+ms screens, when its sending everyone else around you into seizures of video revulsion.

To say it doesnt exist, especially on a screen rated at 16 is absolutely ludicrous.

As above poster said, calm down. Nobody in this thread made such ironclad statements that ghosting does not exist. Some people simply pointed out that they cannot notice it, i.e. no noticable ghosting. I admited I can see ghosting on my 20ms Samsung. It's rarely bad; I would almost always have to stop playing said game and specifically look for the ghosting. However, unlike you I don't get "siezures" or "headaches" from any form of ghosting. I just focus on the game and ignore it. It's not like the streak pattern is filling my screen up with a giant fading black edge. It sounds like you have a rather nasty case of jealousy here, Tutelary. You can't use an LCD because of your "visual acuity", yet all of us are happy as horses with ours. :D You stay with your CRT but let us enjoy our new toys!

theNoid said:
Well my experience with LCDs is very small ;) I want to upgrade and the 2007WFP is tempting.. but... the 16ms frightens me. Do you have any links that can futher clarify how a 16ms wouldn't cause ghosting... ?

Well the problem is that no one can guarantee you won't notice ghosting at any quoted response time. The Extremetech review here points out that their reviewer did not notice any ghosting in UT2k4, which is in my experience fairly infamous for bad ghosting on certain levels. Most reviews that have trickled out on the 2007 report similar results: no noticable or very limited instances of ghosting. One thing to keep in mind, however, is that these guys all review and use LCDs daily, so their eyes are more used to the performance of an LCD.

In my experience, it is best to pick a monitor based on it's non-pixel response time qualities as that will prove to provide a better monitor. For example, compare the 2007 (16 ms) to the NEC 20WMGX2 (6ms). The 2007 provides way better aspect control, better black-levels and a non-reflective panel covering. These are the things I look for over the 10ms response time difference which won't make nearly as big of a difference in using the monitor. Really though, it comes down to what you can live with and I'm afraid you won't really know what this is until you pull the trigger and buy your first LCD.

Personally, i think using the term ghosting with reference to LCDs is mistaken. Ghosting is a phenomina where a CRT monitor on an analogue connection is not displaying the image correctly. In this scenario, as well as the correct primary, the display is showing a secondary, slightly offset and dimmer, image that appears as a 'ghost' alongside the primary image.

All LCDs do of course exhibit blurring, but the extent varies. For most people, the 2007 will be more than good enough. If you already have an LCD monitor rated at no better than 12ms and you are happy with it in terms of pixel response, the 2007 is almost guaranteed to be fine for you. If have experience of LCDs and are extremely sensitive to the blurring effect, then try before you buy.

Man... talk about undecided! The Acer AL2032WA is now falling in price and can be had for $420 or so, the Viewsonic VX2025WM can be readily had for under $400 shipped all over the place, and thanks to the Dell sale last week, the 2007WFP is all over ebay for a good price--about $430 to $450 shipped.

I guess my question is if the cost is about the same of thease three, what wins? The Viewsonic lacks the image scaling and the pivot, but has a solid quality control history. The Acer has the sweet color quality with the glossy screen... If you get a good 2007, it looks great too. Doggone it! <<jumps out of window>> :)

I guess I'll stay on the fence a little longer and keep reading here...

znil78:

I also have the blurry screen problem on my 2007, most noticeable with colored text, especially colored text on a colored background.

For example:

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=53102

The title of the item "Petrified Scarab" (in purple) looks almost like a double image. It's like this with all colored text, and even normal black text on a white background has colored tinges around it, as if the pixels are not aligned correctly.

There is no auto-adjust in DVI, and nothing I have tried has fixed it. Back it goes to Dell.

Dont really think its an issue, I see the same thing your talking about on my LCD atm at work (Samsung SyncMaster 915n 19")

just hooked up my 2007wfp 10 mins ago. dead pixel and backlight bleed are no where to be found. a big improvement from Dell. also texts look no difference than the LG l203wt i previously owned, which means they are just as sharp. I will do more testings for games and movies later.

What is the diffrence between this monitor and the 2005FPW?

About the ghosting in the photos... THAT is most definatly Motion blur from the camera. Like someone stated earlier, in dark situations, the shutter is open longer to capture more light. Things that MOVE during the time the shutter is open will appear blured. Obviously the rest of the image is not blur'd because they DID NOT move. (take for example using a slow shutter speed in a sports game, the people will appear in motion vs frozen with a faster shutter speed)

Back