• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2005fpw won't scale widescreen resolutions

buttsley

n00b
Joined
Feb 25, 2006
Messages
4
My 2005FPW, which I've owned for about 3 or 4 months now, will not scale widescreen resolutions, and I don't know why.

I have "Scale image to panel size" set in my advanced display settings. I have a 9800 pro, and I've tried different drivers, as well as monitor drivers.

It doesn't matter if I have it set to Aspect, 1:1 or Fill, it will not scale a widescreen resolution below 1650*1080 to fit my whole screen.

fullscreen applications will scale to the height of my monitor when I have them set to aspect, and will stretch to the whole screen when I select fill

The only widescreen games that will fill my screen on a lower widescreen res has been Source engine games (CSS etc) and Starwars Empire at War.

My desktop won't do it, neither do WoW and several other MMORPGS.

Has anyone else encountered a problem like this? I only run 1 monitor, and I'm using DVI. I'm losing my mind trying to figure out why it is acting this way and only with widescreen resolutions.
 
Edit: Nevermind didn't read the post correctly... Just make sure "Fill" is selected under Scaling... and disable that "Scale image" option under your vid card...
 
VoodooChi|d said:
Edit: Nevermind didn't read the post correctly... Just make sure "Fill" is selected under Scaling... and disable that "Scale image" option under your vid card...

thanks for the response, but it's the exact same whether I have "scale image" in my display options on or off. aspect, fill, and 1:1 all do the same thing

if I set my desktop 13xx*768 it will be a tiny window in the middle of the screen with black bars on the top bottom and sides :(

it's really annoying me
 
yeah but I can turn it on or off and it does the same thing.

Maybe driver cleaner or something.

well I just ran driver cleaner while reinstalling my drivers, and it's the same deal.

I haven't heard of anyone having this problem, I don't know what to do and why it's happening :(
 
I meant it sounds like the scaler is broken therefore you need to RMA it... it's still under warranty I assume?
 
I don't know, I guess I'll call dell and see though, I've had it since november and don't know how long the warranty is for
 
Back
Top