2005fpw users plz help! i am having problem with this monitor

hitmanx2

Limp Gawd
OK, so this is my first 2005fpw monitor. When I turn on the computer and the monitor itself, sometimes, it will automatically go to power saving mode and I was just booting up the computer, hearing the window xp background sound and looking at a blank screen. I need to unplug the power cable and plug it back on in order to make the 2005fpw to display. Also when I leave my computer and the 2005fpw on for a long time, I can't wake it up from powersaving mode. I tried clicking mouse button, alt crt del in the keyboard, and still can't wake it up. The only resort is to unplug the 2005fpw power cable and replug it, then I have the signal, otherwise, it stays power saving mode no matter what you do to it. This is very strange to me. I had a 17inch acer monitor and it doesn't have these problems. Is my 2005fpw defective? I only had it for 10 days. It has 3 years warranty year from dell. Should I return it? Or is there anything that I can do to fix it?
Thx for all the help

i did that, but it doesn't help, as long as the monitor stay in power saving mode for like an hour, it can't wake up from the power saving mode no matter what I do to the keyboard and mouse. I can only unplug the power cord and replug it to get the signal.

a littel more info, vid card your useing, are you useing the dvi or vga ports to the moniter? have you tryed the other port dvi or vga, are your vid drivers upto date. is the rest of the system upto date?

my pc outright refuses to come out of sleep mode, not just the moniter the pc itself... just wont do it... if i put it to hibernate it will comeout just fine...

what happens if you swap betweem modes? instead of hitting the power button hitting the source button???

thore

thore said:
a littel more info, vid card your useing, are you useing the dvi or vga ports to the moniter? have you tryed the other port dvi or vga, are your vid drivers upto date. is the rest of the system upto date?

my pc outright refuses to come out of sleep mode, not just the moniter the pc itself... just wont do it... if i put it to hibernate it will comeout just fine...

what happens if you swap betweem modes? instead of hitting the power button hitting the source button???

thore

I am using dvi, and I know it is the monitor's problem because my 17 inch acer didn't have any problem like that. I swap between modes but I still couldn't wake it up. It said "the monitor is it power saving mode, please press any key on the keyboard or click the mouse to resume to the desktop" and I pressed alt crt del and clicked the mouse a thousand time, but it doesn't help :(

Sounds like it could be a driver issue with your videocard. Try updating the drivers on it, and see what happens. Also check your DVI cable and make sure you dont have any bent pins or anything like that. If none of that works, then I would say your SOL, and will have to send it back.

I have the 2005, and have never had any problems with it at all. In fact, I have never even seen it say its in powersaving mode. For me, if it does not detect a signal, it jsut goes to sleep, and does not say anything.

silentwolf said:
Sounds like it could be a driver issue with your videocard. Try updating the drivers on it, and see what happens. Also check your DVI cable and make sure you dont have any bent pins or anything like that. If none of that works, then I would say your SOL, and will have to send it back.

I have the 2005, and have never had any problems with it at all. In fact, I have never even seen it say its in powersaving mode. For me, if it does not detect a signal, it jsut goes to sleep, and does not say anything.
thanks for the advice, I think I will try all these later in the weekend. I have a question tho, if it is really in the worst case scenario, can I bring this monitor to a Dell BM store instead of sending it back? Cause I think the shipping may cause like 20-30 bucks.:(

hitmanx2 said:
thanks for the advice, I think I will try all these later in the weekend. I have a question tho, if it is really in the worst case scenario, can I bring this monitor to a Dell BM store instead of sending it back? Cause I think the shipping may cause like 20-30 bucks.:(
dell has free return shipping and exchanges so far for me were 100% free
and they use overnight shipping for exchanges and they ship first and you send old one back using their money
its a win-win sitution
just call dell

killa62 said:
dell has free return shipping and exchanges so far for me were 100% free
and they use overnight shipping for exchanges and they ship first and you send old one back using their money
its a win-win sitution
just call dell
that sounds great, but I have a question tho, do they actually ship first or you have to request that when you call them?

Back