2005fpw tearing issue?

I just got my 2005fpw from Dell this afternoon, have it set up. In Windows/web browsing it looks fine, but when I play some video I experience tearing vertically from the lower left corner to the upper right of the screen. I'm not sure if it occurs in games or not, as I'm not a huge gamer and this is hooked up to my laptop. I took a video with my digicam which I'll link to, and I've attached a couple of screenshots from the video of the tearing for anyone who doesn't want to see the video.

I'm running the drivers linked from Dell's website (which they recommended doing in the 2005 documentation).

Is this an issue with the monitor itself, or something to do with my system or settings?

In case it matters, hooked up to a Inspiron 600m...
1.6ghz p-m, 2gigs ddr, 60gig hd, ati radeon 9000 32mb

thanks for any help

vid (~9.5megs) http://www.lolinternets.com/2005.MOV
screenshots:
20051.jpg

20052.jpg

That's a very strange issue to say the least. The only thing I can say is that I own 2x 2005fpw's and do not experience this problem. I dunno if that puts more weight on defect or on your laptops output.

I suppose I sugjest you try another monitor and see what happens.

UnknownSouljer said:
That's a very strange issue to say the least. The only thing I can say is that I own 2x 2005fpw's and do not experience this problem. I dunno if that puts more weight on defect or on your laptops output.

I suppose I sugjest you try another monitor and see what happens.
I had previously (up until today) had a 17" lcd hooked up without a problem. The vga output should be fine afaik. :eek: :(

Try hooking it up to another pc with a mid to high end video card to see if it's your laptops video causing it or if it's the display itself. I'd guess that it needs more than 32mb of video memory to run it. Check the documentation.

I think its proably the monitor, but only way to check if to hook it up to something else.

Back