• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2005FPW refresh rate.

LogicSound

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 24, 2005
Messages
241
i just recieved my 2005FPW and love it, thought it would be a bit bigger but i guess i gotta get used to it since im comming from a CRT 19" im running 1680x1050@60hz on DVI-D is there any other way to gain higher refresh rate? oh yeah 0 dead pixels and cant tell of any back light bleed. thanks guys.
 
Some argue that increasing the refresh rate does a lot, I own two 2005fpws and didn't notice any improvement per say, but I'm running it @ 75hz anyway simply because I can.

Anyway in the nvidia display properties go to the "Screen Resolutions & Refresh rates" section.
Near the bottom click "Add" which has the heading "Custom resolutions and refresh rates". A dialogue will come up about possible damaging of hardware (heed this warning and don't put on a ridiculous refresh rate or resolution). Add whatever resolution with whatever refresh rate you wish to add.
 
hey thanks i was looking all over google for this. lol yeah i dont notice much of a difference but thanks anyway..
 
LogicSound said:
hey thanks i was looking all over google for this. lol yeah i dont notice much of a difference but thanks anyway..

Well the improvement shouldn't come from desktop use, look for changes while playing games in which there is the most movement. Then judge for yourself, but as always YMMV.
 
I had the same question regarding backlight...thanks. I just added as a custom resolution but wasn't able to use it until I unchecked "hide modes monitor can't display". Is that the only way? Doing so also gave me a few rez higher than 1680x1050...I wouldn't want to accidentally select one of those.
 
Back
Top