• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2005FPW+Radeon 9800 Pro= ?

EgyptBoy20

Gawd
Joined
Jan 21, 2005
Messages
799
So, as the title says, is the Radeon fast enough for this monitor? Help appreciated, thanks.
 
Any card is fast enough for it. Depends on what you're trying to do. I'm running a 9600XT and it's got nice graphics.
 
i have the same setup , it works fine but I dont play on crazy high resolutions
 
I wouldn't go for it if you want to run native res of 1680x1050. I have a 9700 and a 2005FPW and I g2 drop my settings to low or med/low to get a decent framerate at that resolution.
 
Depends on what your question really is...

You could say the monitor isn't fast enough for the Radeon or any videocard for that matter because of the response time :)

But as far as framerates, it should be fine with those new games at 1280x1024 and under but it would be choppy higher, depending on the other specs of your machine.
 
1680x1050 works with no problems on my laptop which is using a Mobility Radeon 9800 256MB. I have a 2005FPW connected to it via DVI. I'm pretty sure a desktop version will outperform my laptop.

The newest games I run at max resolution are HL2 and Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory run at about 30FPS on max settings/max res. Works for me.
 
Back
Top