• Backlight problems

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • Dead pixels

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Dead pixels and backlight problems

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • No problems whatsoever

Votes: 40 53.3%
  • Had problems but dell replaced it with a good one.

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters

erebus1

Limp Gawd
im curious to see how many people are having issues with their 2005fpw, seems like its most everybody and u know what that means...

class action lawsuit.

some slight backlight problems mostly in the lower left, and slightly in the upper left corners. Very hard to notice without a solid black screen saver. Not nearly as bad as some of the pictures I have seen floating around the web. No bad pixels, and the backlight issues are small enough that Im probably going to keep this one.

rev A02, may 2005, mexico

Just got mine yesterday (A01, Mexico). I have 1 bad pixel which is nearly impossible to detect because I can only see it when using Dead Pixel Buddy. I also have some backlight issues but it's so faint I really don't notice it at all.

I've very pleased with my monitor. It was hard enough finding someone that ships to a military address overseas that had this monitor for a reasonable price.

No complaints. Voted nothing wrong :)

i got two dead pixels, took me like 10 minutes to find them, therefore, no complain for me! perfect display voted

Voted nothing wrong even though I have backlight leak, but it's only noticeable on an all-black screen and does not effect my daily use at all

Couldn't be happier with this monitor. SUCH a change from my 17" CRT

I think a lot of people who complain about this monitor are just being too picky. Mine is not perfect, but I have to look to notice any imperfections. That's good enough for me.
Besides, my old 17" CRT is much much worse in every aspect than this monitor. I couldn't be happier with my 2005fpw.

I just got my 2nd one this week & it has major backlight problems. The 1st one I got back in March & it has just a slight backlight problem.I'm happy as a clam with the 1st one. I just want one equal to my 1st one. Dell is sending me a replacement on the second one. You know it's bad when the wife walks into the room as I'm watching a movie with the black bars on top & bottom & she comments Why is part of your black bars grey instead of black. Thats when I knew I had to send it back.

I just got my second today. First has one stuck pixel and no backlight leakage second is very minimal backlight leakage and no stuck pixels.

No dead pixels, a bit of backlight leakage in the top right and even less in the lower right. It seems to be improving so I think I'll keep it.

I've had mine since December, the slight back light in the upper left got a little bit worse but it's not too bad. Zero dead pixels although when a dust particle or something gets on it, it seems to stand out more than on my older CRTs, maybe I just pay more attention since it's an LCD.

Got mine yesterday, A01 Mexico, no dead pixel and no backlighting issue. Seems to be perfect.

extremly slight backlight, so slight i feel picking saying there is some problem, no dead pixels either(didnt run a search, i'd rather not know since i cant find any with my eyes)

Minor backlight issues, that look a bit like glare. If Kyle would be kind enough to make the forum any color but black I would never notice it, but as it stands now I do notice it occasionally. Had it since Wed. night, still debating. I have no dead pixels and dont want to risk having any.

backlight issues, and dead pixels. and in my opinion, the 2005fpw (which i returned) sitting next to my 2001fp(which i kept) was rather unimpressive. i was expecting the extra contrast of the 2005 to be noticeable, wasn't. back it went. minus the 2405fpw itch every now and then, very very happy with my 2001fp.
you know what i'd want to see.... 2405fpw with truelife/trubrite/xbrite/brightview. oh dear lord the goodness.

I voted backlight problem, bit it wasnt so bad I returned it. Noticable on extremely dark scens only.....

Harrath said:
Got mine yesterday, A01 Mexico, no dead pixel and no backlighting issue. Seems to be perfect.

ditto. one stuck/dead pixel, rubbed it and it came back to life.

Had a big problem with backlighting (no dead pixels that I could find though). Got a new one with barely any visible backlighting and again no dead pixels I could find. Very happy now.

Back