2005FPW - gap around edge?

cpuwiz

n00b
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
6
Has anyone else noticed this? It only appears to be 1/16", maybe a hair more. It seems to be only along the top and down both sides, but it's definitely noticeable. I'd say it's more so on the top, as my menu seems to sit a little down from the bezel edge.

I'm guessing it's just that this is the active area of the panel and the bezel doesn't completely cover the unactive area.

Thoughts?
 
I think my first screen had a bit of a gap in the top-left if i pressed down on it... but i don't think my 2nd display does.
 
This is only my second LCD. My first was a Dell 1701FP that I got about 7 years ago or so with a Dell system (a $900 "upgrade" at the time :eek: -- oh how things have changed). It sits on my wife's desk, so I rarely sit in front of it. This 2005FPW replaced my aging 21" CRT, which of course has adjustments to size the screen and stretch it to the edges and beyond.

Yesterday, I sat down and examined the 17" Dell -- it has the same sort of gap. I never noticed it before. Even my work laptop has some gap around it's display.

Guess I've been staring at my CRT far too long. Time to enjoy the beauty that sits in front of me now.
 
Back
Top