• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2005FPW DVD playback problem

polive

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
1,283
Just got a Dell 2005 FPW widescreen monitor. When I play DVDs, instead of being true widescreen and using the whole monitor it shows the movie in a window framed by huge black bars, on the top, bottom and sides. It's like it's only using about half the area of the monitor.

On some games it supports the monitor's full resolution 1080*950 flawlessly (HL2, CSS, UT2K4) and they look awesome, but when I put in a DVD, and I've tried several -- Star Wars III, Meet the Fockers, T3, etc---it really looks like crap.

Am I doing something wrong or are DVDs supposed to do this on widescreen monitors? BTW I'm using Windows Media Player 10.
 
Windows media player 10 is a joke for DVD's. Don't even bother wasting your time with it. Try a different player such as, Zoom Player, Media Player Classic, or TheaterTek (though their tech support kind of sucks and the product costs way too much imo, not to mention the latest version has stuttering that they won't acknowledge nor fix :( )


<--yes, I shelled out the money for TT to use on my 2405fpw. I regret this decision from time to time as the program is extremely heavy handed and sloppy all around. If you want upfront quality without having to make 1000 different adjusements to get the perfect image there is really nothing better though. Especially if you have an nvidia card as TT uses the Pure Video decoders by default (probably the reason why it's so expencive)
 
Media player classic works much better, thank you! It's actually full screen now! Didn't know what programs would play DVDs. Thanks.
 
Back
Top