2005fpw dorked my dads computer

BSMaier

Weaksauce
Ok so my dad got his new Dell 2005fpw this morning and somehow managed to screw his computer up. While still powered on he unplugged his old monitor and plugged in his new monitor. He uses a Monitor switcher for his laptop and this desktop. The laptop had no problems of recognising the monitor and working which the swithcher was selected too at the time. He the proceeded to pkug the usb into the desktop at which time he said the HD lite when solid and locked up. Upon reboot you get the following message.

"Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reerence manual for additional information."

I am assuming since the monitor was switched to the laptop and the usb was plugged into the desktop it got confused and messed something up. So I ask your great wealth of knowledge...What do I do?

Alright after hooking up everything directly instead of using the switcher it works great. Guess it didnt like sharing :rolleyes:

Back